Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to a reputable, well-known local shop to price out some new rims/treads/lift, preferably without a wheel spacer.

The store manager plays on the computer and tells me that he can do a Rough Country 2-in lift ($450 installed), XD Rockstar II 18 inch rims ($274/per), and 265-70-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers ($220/per) without wheel spacers and no rub.

Besides being overpriced, I don't think this setup is not going to work.

What say you knowledgeable folks?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
A 265/70R18 is equal to 32.6 inches tall. I'm curious as to what the specs are on that wheel and why he seems to think you won't have any rubbing, cause your going to have crazy rubbing! I would definitely recommend doing the pinch weld mod and re molding the plastic inner fender well liner prior to taking it in to get lifted.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Buy the lift for 150 then bring it to me along with a case of beer and I'll install it free lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did the shop maybe mean to use a 17" wheel instead of an 18? With a 17 inch wheel you MIGHT be OK depending on the width and offset of the wheel. Although, I don't think the Rockstar even comes in a 17" version.

As an example, I'm running 17x8.5 wheels (+25 MM offset) with 265/70/17 Duratracs and have no rubbing and no pinch weld mod yet. I'm also lifted more than 2 inches.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Besides being overpriced, I don't think this setup is not going to work.

What say you knowledgeable folks?
Your grammar confuses me. Your thread title implies you doubt the suggested setup will give you the results you seek while the above text makes you sound optimistic in a convoluted way. Which is it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your grammar confuses me. Your thread title implies you doubt the suggested setup will give you the results you seek while the above text makes you sound optimistic in a convoluted way. Which is it?
Ha! Lack of caffeine + fat fingers = grammar confusion. Smart guy. :0

And to be clear, I think the shop manager is nuts to believe that setup will work.

And yes, it was using 18's. Still not sure that's how I'm going to go...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You can always do what I did and make them fit. I'm running 34's on my Commander. I'm just saying he has no clue what he's talking about if he says you won't rub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts