Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your thoughts. I ordered chrome tubular steps for my jeep the first of January. it went from 2 weeks to 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. I received an email today saying the end of march. Apparently no one can get these side steps anywhere. So my question is. Is it worth the wait? Maximo
http://store.yahoo.com/bbjeep2/tusistchjeco.html

·
Registered
274 Posts
If one is not going to go off road, get the step rails. If you decide to go off road, be careful not to rub them, they will dent. I like to wheel, so I would get the rock rails.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yea check out those ones on ebay i belive they are mopar if not hey at least you only have to wait a maximum of 10 days. I would take em but i wouldnt kno how to install them

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its my wife's xk. So it will not see any road but pavement. I also looked at the ones that are on ebay. When I looked closely at them. they are not chrome more like stainless. I have a kia sorento and I feel into the trap of buying ebay steps that came stainless. My truck is mostly chrome so with the stainless steps it personally drives me crazy. I cancelled my order for the chrome bars. I found another mopar site carrying the same steps 55 dollars cheaper and in stock. 3 to 5 days shipping. So I purchased those today. Here is a pic of my sorento, notice the difference in the steps being stainless.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you run head on into a BMW? Looks like you ended up with it's grille... Just kidding...

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think you got the short end of the stick if your wife got the Commander and you got the Kia.
What are those things on the front fenders. More mirrors. It does look like the grill of a BMW. I am sure that was the intention. Just like the cars from Japan a few years ago. Not an original design, just rip off's of other makers.
Sorry, we should only be posting pics of Jeeps on this site.
No hard feelings please.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fellow are you reading the thread, It's not about my kia, not about the grille, the hood mirrors or whatever else you want to discuss. It was about the stepbars being a different color. The kia is a show truck for custom sorento.com business site. Actually it was one of the first in the usa to have that grille. The truck takes on many faces depending on what we want to display. So if your comments are negative since it is a kia. Please do me a favor, leave it to yourself. maximo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys , show my boy maximo allitle love. - really like your house dude!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts