Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just had my first experience at the local Jeep service centre in Dubai since purchasing my 07 4.7 - the a/c decided to die right at the start of Summer (120 degrees are the norm) and I wanted it fixed properly, with a warranty.

The procedure took 3 full days and around $1,200 - I'm a little dubious about the cost and time it took, but at least I have a spotless car, engine bay and icy a/c.

What I'm concerned about now is that they've seen the 'Service 4WD system' alert on my dash, and have told me that they gave the full system an inspection and that the clutch plates are worn and that I need a new transfer clutch, motor and pump. :jawdrop:

I actually know the guy I bought the Jeep off, and know that it's never done any off-roading (it was a soccer mom grocery hauler), and I doubt the low-range box was ever engaged before I owned it. I've used the low-range maybe 5 times for no longer than 15 mins each time.

Does this sound right to you guys, because it doesn't sit well with me!

·
Registered
147 Posts
My jeep doesn't have the low range but this sounds like the N23 recall issue that others have posted. I'd search the forum a bit and read some posts.

·
Administrator
15,209 Posts
Yeah I've been reading up about the N23 recall, but I can't seem to get a definite answer.

Did the recall involve replacing parts or was it just a flash?
It is just a flash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts