Is the Commander a Mom Mobile

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been a lurker for a while.

I was talking with my father who says the Commander is a Mom Mobile.

I personally like it, and would love to have one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you care for the safety (5-star crash rating) of your wife, then YES. Otherwise, the shape is more attractive to males, I believe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
rkolsen said:
Hi, I have been a lurker for a while.

I was talking with my father who says the Commander is a Mom Mobile.

I personally like it, and would love to have one.
If it is a "mom" mobile, then it's the coolest one I have ever seen. Who cares what other people think about your vehicle, you are the one that would have to drive it (no disrespect to your Dad). Obviously something drew your eye to it initially anyway, or you wouldn't be here.

If you enjoy it (and if you get one I guarantee you will), that is all the justification you should need. :D

Additionally, I don't know if it is the warm weather here in Indiana or not but for some reason I got 5 compliments yesterday about how good looking, or how cool my vehicle was. It was really weird, I went from never hearing anything to 5 in one day. Anyway, 4 of them were males, 1 female.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife is our primary driver of the Commander and she is a mom, so I guess "yes" is the answer for our family. Then again, we decided whether or not we liked the vehicle by looking at it for ourselves instead of letting someone else tell us what to think about it. The most serious competition to the Commander was a minivan but we just couldn't find one that would tow our boat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am a female and love it. However, with that said I am not really typical either since I am just has hooked on all jeeps as my husband is. However, I have to say this when we go somewhere in the commander I don't ever get to drive. When we went somewhere in my neon I had he never wanted to drive. So I am going to vote no.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
My wife would prefer to drive her PT Cruiser anyday of the week, The Commander is for getting out and having fun as well as pulling my car hauler... That said, for us it is NOT a mom car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Who really cares:D , but I'd have to say no, the Commander is not a chick mobile, the way that an Explorer or Expedition is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So maybe I didn't understand the question? The Commander is a very safe vehicle in virtually all weather conditions. The Commander will do very well in crash tests. The Commander has enough room for my wife, my 8 year old son and 5 of his friends (I'm assuming another mom will sit in front...). The Commander will take our family, the dog and the boat to the lake (and I won't have to worry about the condition of the ramp). On snow days my wife can either take my son to school or pick him up if the school closes. Since my wife is an RN she never has to worry about getting to work. It's true, I would like one for my own (she make me drive the SeVille).

The boxy styling, I guess it's not a mom mobile. Wish I could change my vote...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I'm a mom, and I drive one, so I guess my answer is yes. I would never, ever, not-in-a-million-years drive a minivan though, so I may not be typical.

Katy

·
Registered
58 Posts
lets just say the commander is a milf mobile :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not the best vehicle to be running errands all day due to its poor CTY MPG. But I do feel very confortable knowing my wife and 4 yr old princess are quite safe on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Exactly Dabitz!

I think rather than "...Mom Mobile", the question should have read "...vehicle for a soccer mom who's only contact with mud is on the knees of her spoiled 5 yr old". The answer there is a big NO; there are many more fashionable choices for that crowd...

But for the real world, great value, form follows function group, the choice is easy. Yes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
rooney2oons said:
Who said yes?
It was Nitro, but if you look carefully...
Nitro Express said:
...Wish I could change my vote...
So I guess that technically brings the poll back up to 100%...

"Steve Zissou: Are you sure?
Klaus Daimler: Yes, I am.
Steve Zissou: I don't understand. Why?
Klaus Daimler: What do you mean?... Wait a second. What are we doing? You said cross the line if.
Steve Zissou: Cross the line if you're going to quit.
Klaus Daimler: Oh... Do it again. I misunderstood..."

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I see many more males driving Commanders than females. Probably at least an 8 to 1 ratio.

When it comes to midsize SUVs, I think Explorers are the only mom mobiles out there. It would be interesting to find the sales demographics for midsize SUVs though. I don't see many females driving 4Runners either.

·
Registered
577 Posts
WHO'S YOUR DADDY !!??!!??:cool:

1 - 20 of 206 Posts