Jeep Commander Forum banner

Is the Commander a Mom Mobile

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
The few female comments I have heard is its to big for them or too boxy.
It's more a guy's toy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I personally like the boxy shape, but yet I am a male. I think it has the closest resemblence to the Cherokee, we have '95 Sport Red, and 01' Sport Burnt Sienna .

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife has a black belt in Karate. So if anyone asks her if it's a mom mobile she 'll split their melon like a concrete block!!! Plus with the lift I'm putting on I doubt it'll be anything close to a mom mobile.

My 1 year old daughter will also throw her bottle at anyone who suggests that is one too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am a Mom and I love the look of my Commander. For 3 very sad years I drove a minivan and hated it the entire time although it was the right choice for my family at the time, the sliding doors with little ones is great. My kids are big enough to open their own damn doors now so I got a vehicle I wanted. I love love love the fact that my Commander does not look like every other Explorer/Expedition/4Runner/Pilot on the road. Not only that, I love the way it drives, I have never felt more in tune with a vehicle than I have driving my Commander. It feels solid, I feel like I am driving a real vehicle. I like seeing the hood of the Commander when I am driving, with the minivan all I saw was windshield becuase the hood sloped down so much.

Now if I can only convince my hubby to let me take it off road, we ususally use his TJ Rubicon for that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to admit that since getting one, I have seen mostly women and teenage girls driving the Commander. What's the deal?..... :cool:

I bought it because it looked "tough" and it is a Jeep after all.

-Mark-

·
Registered
396 Posts
Does your minivan do this?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Deputycoz said:
Now if I can only convince my hubby to let me take it off road, we ususally use his TJ Rubicon for that.
Maybe these pics will help...It does fine off road, and is actually fun, since some people don't expect to see it off road.

Mine is a "dad" mobile. My kid loves it. Another kid on the way. So, it can do the weekend family duties, work week duties, and also fun too.

I've heard women call my Jeep a Hummer. That's okay, I know they are not trying to insult me. But I do think the Commander is definitely a guy's car. Especially lifted, where it looks more rugged.

My wife drives a Cayenne S. Which is definitely more a mom mobile with the soft lines and curves, and smaller, more manueverable on road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
SYCOHEMI said:
Maybe these pics will help...It does fine off road, and is actually fun, since some people don't expect to see it off road.

Mine is a "dad" mobile. My kid loves it. Another kid on the way. So, it can do the weekend family duties, work week duties, and also fun too.

I've heard women call my Jeep a Hummer. That's okay, I know they are not trying to insult me. But I do think the Commander is definitely a guy's car. Especially lifted, where it looks more rugged.
My wife drives a Cayenne S. Which is definitely more a mom mobile with the soft lines and curves, and smaller, more manueverable on road.
Very nice. I never would have considered taking a Cayenne off road, but yet that is how it has been marketed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Right on, you took a Porsche off roading. That is pretty cool, usually I would consider that a city car. Never expect to see a porsche going through a creek. Anyways, almost forgot the question or poll. Commander is for the guys, I think the Liberty would be more considered the "mom" jeep if there is a jeep to put that title to. Although I know quite a few guys driving Liberty's too.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I wish my mom wanted to drive an XK then she would be a really cool mom. My wife wouldn't want to have one of her own and she sure can't have mine!

·
Registered
64 Posts
i certainly don't think the commander is a mom mobile. Most people my age, or a bit younger in my area drive commanders

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
There must be a lot of Commanders in your area! :)
Indeed. Most of them though are the base/sport v6 or 4.7 models, or a few 4.7/hemi limiteds throughout the metro detroit area. haven't seen anyone in the area w/ an overland.

21 - 40 of 206 Posts