Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Can anyone speak to any preference to having a reversed (mirrored) backup camera or not?
I don't think having a camera that reverses the image is a very good idea. Having a standard camera it is like looking in the rear view mirror when you look at the screen -- wysiwyg. If you have one that is reversed you are going to have to keep remembering that the image is reversed when you are backing so that you know where everything really is. I don't know what the purpose of a reversed image would be.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think having a mirror that reverses the image is a very good idea. Having a standard camera it is like looking in the rear view mirror when you look at the screen -- wysiwyg. If you have one that is reversed you are going to have to keep remembereing that the image is reversed when you are backing so that you know where everything really is. I don't know what the purpose of a reversed image would be.
I think the idea is that it looks the same as it would if you looked through the rearview mirror.

I personally only glance at mine quickly and then do the arm over the passenger seat look straight out the back technique.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I think the idea is that it looks the same as it would if you looked through the rearview mirror.

I personally only glance at mine quickly and then do the arm over the passenger seat look straight out the back technique.
Read my previous post again and think about it. Or go out and sit in the vehicle and look in the rear view mirror -- is everything reversed ?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I thought the same thing, it should look like you are looking in the mirror.
I don't think having a mirror that reverses the image is a very good idea. Having a standard camera it is like looking in the rear view mirror when you look at the screen -- wysiwyg. If you have one that is reversed you are going to have to keep remembering that the image is reversed when you are backing so that you know where everything really is. I don't know what the purpose of a reversed image would be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts