Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 07 jeep commander a couple months ago. When I looked at it I made sure the ac and heat worked and there didnt seem to be a problem. About 2 weeks ago I turned on my heat for the first time since buying it. Came on immediately and was great. Next day turned on my ac and it was just blowing hot air. Even when I had everything turned off, including the fan, it was still blowing out hot air. From everything I read it seemed to be a blend door issue. I ended up replacing the one on the passenger side and one of the ones on the driver side. (Theres 3??) Well now my ac is working great but my heat isnt working!

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I'm not super knowledgeable on vehicles, but I know the basics. I'm just really trying to avoid spending a bunch of money by taking it into a shop.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
So I bought my 07 jeep commander a couple months ago. When I looked at it I made sure the ac and heat worked and there didnt seem to be a problem. About 2 weeks ago I turned on my heat for the first time since buying it. Came on immediately and was great. Next day turned on my ac and it was just blowing hot air. Even when I had everything turned off, including the fan, it was still blowing out hot air. From everything I read it seemed to be a blend door issue. I ended up replacing the one on the passenger side and one of the ones on the driver side. (Theres 3??) Well now my ac is working great but my heat isnt working!

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I'm not super knowledgeable on vehicles, but I know the basics. I'm just really trying to avoid spending a bunch of money by taking it into a shop.
Hello @Chloex96 & welcome to the forum;

There are a couple of fuses in the junction block that I would check, pertaining to the actuator motors for the blend doors as well as the fan blower motors; Just pull those fuses and see if they're good, that should be pretty straight forward; You can see more details here;

·
Registered
84 Posts

Hi, is it literally blowing hot air with the fan off? or is hot air coming through the vents when you drive?

Have you had the aircon system checked for leaks and does it need regassing?

the pipes at the rear end have a tendancy to corrode and leak the gas out - then the aircon doesnt get cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts