Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i found what i believe is a 2010 NAV disc on a BIT TORRENT site, and downloaded it. The size of the disc is larger that what a normal DVD will hold, and my burner says it will require a DL DVD for the data. If i burn the ISO file to a DL DVD, will my 2007 be able to read it with out messing up the software in the RADIO/NAV unit? i would like to think so, so i can set my clocks. the nav part i think i can live without. TIA , John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The nav disk is a dual layer disk so in order to make a dupe, you'll need dual layer media.
Understand. but i guess what i want to further understand is what happens when a newer year NAV disc is installed? does it update the software on the older vehicles, or does it just read the data? :icon_confused: i also used a ZIP program, and found the following in a TEXT file in the ISO. any meaning? Date : 10/22/08
APL : 3.01
Appli : 2.32.00

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I believe if you install a newer vision you cannot go back to an older version or it will mess up the unit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes a newer disk will update the unit and will not allow you to go back, except for AG which will allow you to use AF if you want to. The nav unit will tell you:

"Currently, a disc has been inserted which is older than the downloaded program. Please check disc version."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes a newer disk will update the unit and will not allow you to go back, except for AG which will allow you to use AF if you want to. The nav unit will tell you:

"Currently, a disc has been inserted which is older than the downloaded program. Please check disc version."
well, since i bought the vehicle used, and it did not have any disc at all, then i guess the ISO disc will work, at least that is my thinking... i don't have any old discs at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the downlaod cost you anything? I am looking into replacing my disc but can't see spending 200-300 bucks for a new one.
no on cost. i used a program called VUZE, which is very user friendly to download bit torrents. i just typed JEEP NAVIGATION DVD in the search box. it took me, tho, a few days to actually download it. it said it was 2010, but really wonder, as i had mentioned in a previous post that the disc had the following in a text file. Date : 10/22/08
APL : 3.01
Appli : 2.32.00

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE: went and got some DUAL LAYER DVD's and burned the ISO file. installed it in my 07, and left it to do its thing. It did its update, and i got menu up to show and update the clock. :woot:messed with menu's, and found and removed the previous owner's home address. Now, i have figure out how to use it.:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: went and got some DUAL LAYER DVD's and burned the ISO file. installed it in my 07, and left it to do its thing. It did its update, and i got menu up to show and update the clock. :woot:messed with menu's, and found and removed the previous owner's home address. Now, i have figure out how to use it.:)
well, another update. the dvd was newer than what was originally in the Jeep, but it was not a 2010 like i thought. Utah built a road parallel to I-15 called The Legacy Hiway. It opened in 2008. The DVD does not have it on there. lol. iwhen we drive the Hiway, the nav system goes wacko trying to figure where we are at., and re calculates routes. At leeat, tho, i got my clocks to work. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts