Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I noticed an issue with my power windows and door lock controls. I've found that from the driver door control cluster I can't lock or unlock the car and can't open or close the front driver or passenger windows, but I can open and close both rear windows.
In addition, the front passenger can lock and unlock the car, but can't open or close their window...

I've looked through a few previous threads with similar issues, but none of them seem to have been fully resolved.

The key fob does lock and unlock the car, no work has been done on the car recently, and I wanted to ask on here before I start digging into the fuses and the wires in the door boot.

Thanks-in-advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I've already ordered a new control cluster off eBay. based on what I read on some of the threads here it might be the problem...?

·
Administrator
6,634 Posts
So today I noticed an issue with my power windows and door lock controls. I've found that from the driver door control cluster I can't lock or unlock the car and can't open or close the front driver or passenger windows, but I can open and close both rear windows.
In addition, the front passenger can lock and unlock the car, but can't open or close their window...

I've looked through a few previous threads with similar issues, but none of them seem to have been fully resolved.

The key fob does lock and unlock the car, no work has been done on the car recently, and I wanted to ask on here before I start digging into the fuses and the wires in the door boot.

Thanks-in-advance
You have to replace your Master Window/Doorlock switch module on the driver's side door;

Replaced mine about 3 years ago, it's very simple.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to replace your Master Window/Doorlock switch module on the driver's side door;

That's what I figured based on other threads.
I already ordered a new one off eBay, so hopefully that fixes the problem.

I tried to find it online, but to remove the control cluster, I need to remove the entire door panel, right?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,503 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts