Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: Howdy Folks -

I purchased an item from a popular forum member on April 21st. The member decided, two weeks after accepting payment, that he wanted to keep the item. He offered a refund but has not delivered yet, and PM’s are going unanswered.

I don’t want to file a complaint through Paypal or slander the fella on the forum just yet, but he needs some public motivation to make this right.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
This is the first time that I hear of someone not following through on the forum. Hope he gets back with you soon and straightens things out. Hope he doesn't mess it up for the rest of us.

·
Registered
205 Posts
File the complaint - it's your money. I had to file once, and it was enough to motivate the seller to ship the item. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I agree it's your money and you need to do what yo uneed to do to receive your refund. If you do NOT ge teh satisfation desired please share the name so others can avoid similar actions, if you work it out then keep the name between you two as it could be an acceptable reason.

I did have a member agree to sell something to me then failed to return PM's and sold to someone else for more later, wouldn't surprise me to find out it was the same member.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i know who you mean and i went through the same thing. i too "bought" an item that later was not for sale.

it is not good business, especially here.

sent emails to the address in the FS post and PMs here - all unanswered. i did get my refund but only after emailing, PMing and posting in the FS thread just about every day.

i recommend that we name the seller so that others will know that they may, or may not, get their stuff. not yet a troll, but very close to it.

go to paypal and get your money back as well - especially if he is not answering here.

seller has another FS thread for a separate item by the way...

·
Registered
366 Posts
To all these people throwing me under the bus, i suggest you check your PM's more frequent because i respond to all PM's in a timely matter. Now there may be day's where i am not on this site ( b/c yes, some of us do actually work) But i have DONE countless transactions on many different forums, and have done hundreds of eBay transactions. If Brian would check his email he would have a refund by now, and this post would not exist. I am constantly parting with parts, and 90% of the time i practically give my aftermarket accessories AWAY. No More, the disrespect from a few members on this forum has me greatly pissed off. To even consider me as not being legit brings a laugh to my face.

·
Registered
321 Posts
To all these people throwing me under the bus, i suggest you check your PM's more frequent because i respond to all PM's in a timely matter.
Your definition may be different than others I think.

Now there may be day's where i am not on this site ( b/c yes, some of us do actually work)
Are you implying that the rest of us do not? Good communication is key. By having unanswered messages that remain unanswered for several days or more does not give anyone confidence in the deal at all.

But i have DONE countless transactions on many different forums, and have done hundreds of eBay transactions.
That means nothing here.

If Brian would check his email he would have a refund by now
did you send it before he posted this?

No More, the disrespect from a few members on this forum has me greatly pissed off. To even consider me as not being legit brings a laugh to my face.
i am glad you find it amusing, i do not. people want to know that whatever they purchased is enroute or whatever - not hear nothing at all once the money has been sent.

you had posted in another thread while i was sending you PMs that you did not answer in the same time. makes you wonder - would it not you?

it is just not a good way to do business in my opinion.

·
Registered
366 Posts
When you purchased the tail lights off from me, were they not shipped the next business day? Did you not receive them by the weekend? Yes to both, i simply failed to put the pedals in the box. I told you i'd refund you the money and i did. Done deal, right?

·
Registered
321 Posts
When you purchased the tail lights off from me, were they not shipped the next business day? Did you not receive them by the weekend?
that is correct - all with not hearing from you once i paid :p

all i am saying is that you really should make more of an effort to talk to the buyer(s), that is all.

Yes to both, i simply failed to put the pedals in the box.
not really - when i asked if you mailed them you later told me that you forgot to put them in the box. when i asked you again several days later if you mailed them you told me you did not want to sell them.

I told you i'd refund you the money and i did. Done deal, right?
yes you did and yes - as i would not purchase from you again unfortunately. i am sure you are a great guy, but this is just not good business.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
SBH,
First, there was no "bus throwing" that I saw, just a little anonymous nudge where someone thought it was due. Second, until you id'd yourself as the apparent bus-throwee, no one was the wiser except those who've you dealt with.

I understand the need to maintain a good sellers image, which, in this case would have been best done by just taking care of business and letting silly forums and anonymous doings come later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the Buy/Sell area should be for selling extra parts we have laying around. Not for running a business through. If your going to be running a business set up a legit website like 4.7commander has done or stick to flogging your wares on ebay. Just my 2 cents as I find on every auto forum theres someone running a parts business and at some point someones going to get burnt.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm not hear to burn anyone. I just want and feel the need to make this known and clear it up. It's truly a huge misunderstanding between the buyer and myself, and hopefully this wont interfere with my persona.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nick sent a refund, so the problem is resolved.

All's well that ends well.

:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
take him to the iron maiden

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
No More, the disrespect from a few members on this forum has me greatly pissed off. To even consider me as not being legit brings a laugh to my face.

WAAAAAA, If you would have held up to the agreement this would have not been posted. If you feel your being treated unfairly go sell your CRAP elsewhere.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I may be wrong, and I’m no lawyer, but as far as I know, taking money from someone is as good as a contract… I know what it is like no to get a PM replayed, but hey, he is not a XK owner anymore, so…. This should not be a problem anymore…

·
Administrator
15,246 Posts
ROMEO said:
I may be wrong, and I’m no lawyer, but as far as I know, taking money from someone is as good as a contract… I know what it is like no to get a PM replayed, but hey, he is not a XK owner anymore, so…. This should not be a problem anymore…
I think the last he said he was keeping his Commander.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well for what its worth I purchased from him and it all went very well and the items were as promised and arrived faster than expected. Sorry you others did not have the same experience but I have to say he did good by me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.