Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Commander I wanted every option and I got it but no factory chrome rims so it came with the alloys. Now with the tire sensors on these wheels when say changing to a after market wheel. What happens.

Or what if I find a Factory 17" Chrome wheels what do I got to do to get them to work with the sensors and are they diff from maybe the 05's or 06's sensors. I was going to buy a set of chrome wheels for $350 and they looked in perfect shape but was told there's lots of stuff that has to be done when messing with the pressure sensors and that they might not work. Any info would be great so I can get this done and keep the commanders computer happy and my wallet happy also.

JRod

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've swapped my wheels more times than I care to admit. The factory TMPS can be switched to any wheel no problem. It should not cost you a dime as they bolt onto the wheel the same as a normal stem.

If you're purchasing take offs with their own TPMS, you may have to have your cpu flashed to read the sensors. ~$40.

If you want 17" chrome rims, I'll sell you mine cheap. I have the ability to swap my Rubicon rims back on and ship them immediately.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im looking at a set of Factory chrome wheels off a 06 commander. Now is it easy to remove the Tire pressure sensor off my 07 Commander alloys and install the sensors on to a 06 commander chrome wheels. Any issues I should know or do they just twist off and thats it or what.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK can we put the Push button aside and if anyone can help me with this Pressure sensors off a 07 fact wheel on to a 06 fact chrome wheel.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I don't see why it would make a difference between the 06 and 07 factory rims. They should be exactly the same.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that now I went to justjeeps.com and the sensors are 06 and 07 for the commander. Thanks alot. My buddy that works at dodge said they were a different part #, but now I see it will work. To remove them do they just twist off or do you need a tool or something. I just dont want Goodyear to over price me on saying that I need extra stuff to switch my tires and sensors to the 06 Chrome wheels.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
HEMI Commander. said:
To remove them do they just twist off or do you need a tool or something. I just dont want Goodyear to over price me on saying that I need extra stuff to switch my tires and sensors to the 06 Chrome wheels.
I'm not sure, but I'm going to find out Wednesday. I having new rims installed.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
CrzCajun said:
I'm not sure, but I'm going to find out Wednesday. I having new rims installed.
What rims did you go with? trying to deceide if I want new rims or just tires?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
What rims did you go with? trying to deceide if I want new rims or just tires?
I went with the Moto Metal M0950. I had actually gone to rebalance the iron clads, but ended up purchasing new rims instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts