Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked my local les schwabb dealer for pricing on 285/70R17's and he advised against it because he thought it would hurt the diff. make it turn too much or confuse the computer. Any thoughts guys?:icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
As long as all four tires are the same size, the computer won't care what size tires you have. You may trip the ESP accelerating out of tight corners occasionally and you will have about 10% speedometer error. Not sure about what lift you have, but you will get significant rubbing with 2" and even minor rubbing with a 4" lift running 285's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kmax! I didn't want to believe the guy but figured it was worth asking the experts. I'm not sure I will go with that tire because of the possible rubbing. Another tire shop said they would do a test fit for me to check for that. THANKS

·
Registered
60 Posts
Be careful to check the clearance of the upper ball joint stud--I have 265-65/17 and I have a very slight rub and am thinking about shortening the stud.

BCB

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Unless you have a 4 inch lift I wouldnt attempt going with a 285/70. Even if you have a 2 inch lift I wouldnt recommend anything larger then a 265/70.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts