Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning I was loading my surf board into the back when I noticed some discoleration on the bumper. I looked closer and saw 4 deep scratches and some red paint. My JC is black. someone hit my back bumper. the damage is not terrible but for a jeep that is less then 2 months old its devistating.
plus you can see that it dented in and came back so in the right angle you can see the bend in the bumper. Of course the person drove off. It just brakes my heart that someone would do this to such a great vehicle. Sorry I am getting weepy thinking about it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
that is messed up. some people can be such losers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I Just Glanced At My Black Commander Which Is About Two Months Old And Someone Carved A "p" With A Key In The Pasenger Driver Side Door, Im Pissed

·
Registered
57 Posts
donutz said:
this morning I was loading my surf board into the back when I noticed some discoleration on the bumper. I looked closer and saw 4 deep scratches and some red paint. My JC is black. someone hit my back bumper. the damage is not terrible but for a jeep that is less then 2 months old its devistating.
plus you can see that it dented in and came back so in the right angle you can see the bend in the bumper. Of course the person drove off. It just brakes my heart that someone would do this to such a great vehicle. Sorry I am getting weepy thinking about it.
That is one reason I ALWAYS keep a trailer hitch plugged in the rear receiver on both our Jeeps. At least if someone bumps me and they are square behind me they can take the hit not me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Repairs may be cheaper than you think.

Garage door inadvertently closing on opened rear hatch left two 3" vertcal scrapes in paint. Collision center pointed out small dent associated with one. Gave me the choice of a "big repair" (taking off hatch, removing badges, repainting all) vs. "blend-in" for $100. I chose the latter. Repair is unnoticeable, and made me feel so much better. Yes, those first scratches are hard to take...especially when the cause is your own carelessness.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am just as guilty! Backed into tree! No body damage, but a repaint of RR fender flare--$172.00! :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our Commander is 3 months old, with the wife and 16 year old daughter driving daily. Front bumber has 4 deep scratches from parking too close to a brick wall, passenger side has one long "U" shaped scratch from the mid point of the front door to the mid point of the rear caused by a kid hanging on the side as she drove out of school parking lot and the wife was rear ended by an F250 at a stop light resulting in deep scratches and a slightly bent hitch.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
donutz, it makes you sick when people just run off after damaging your vehicle, no matter the age. At Home Depot last weekend, someone put a big dent into my 2001 Cherokee that has 117000+ miles and it still made me sick. Especially since they just drove off without leaving a note.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know what you all mean...had my Commander for just a few days and had to go to my sons high school to see a teacher. Of course this is after school and even then I park way out....low and behold come out and there is a small scratch on right front fender...my beautiful new black Commander now has a scratch...luckily I took it home and rubbed out most of it BUT it is the principle of the whole thing. So I do feel for you all.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Someone needs to develop a security system that takes photos of all four sides of the vehicle when it detects contact with the paint surface. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rubicontrail.net said:
Someone needs to develop a security system that takes photos of all four sides of the vehicle when it detects contact with the paint surface. :)
you think it would be possible at least if you had a back up camera. so if you are bumped it turns on the camera and saves it to an internal hard drive and you would have the persons license plate.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rubicontrail.net said:
donutz, it makes you sick when people just run off after damaging your vehicle, no matter the age. At Home Depot last weekend, someone put a big dent into my 2001 Cherokee that has 117000+ miles and it still made me sick. Especially since they just drove off without leaving a note.
ya its terrible. sorry about your cherokee I guess karma will get these people in the long run.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rice1008 said:
A "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" will get the red paint off.... You'll still have the dents, but at least the red will be gone.
thanks i'll give it a try

·
Registered
25 Posts
the worst has been my windshield... i got the Commander in Jan. and already have 2 noticable chunks taken out of the front windshield. At first I wanted nothing but Mopar glass, since then I am reevaluating the situation because this just shouldn't happen. I know it's because of the angle of the windshield, and driving on the Phoenix highways is a serious pain because there is always so much debris and idiots driving, that when they speed up in front of you to have to stop, there is always a rock or two flying your way. DINK! and a new chip. Luckily enough they are on the passenger side and are not blocking any of the driver-view. I will get to that eventually.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts