Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know? That's because I have an inch of water sitting in my center console. I guess it's not smart to leave the sunroof open over night during a thunderstorm. My seats are soaked all the way through. Nothing is more fun than hopping into your jeep and feeling the water soak through your clothes.

Now I'm stuck at work (unable to dry my jeep) and it's raining some more. What a day this is going to be.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
ohh man... i feel for you!....why can't you drive? open the windows and floor it, should drain the water!!

Where are you located? We got a ton of water last night too....in
Sunny OH...........IO

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I guess not getting the sunroof on my XK was a blessing disguised as disappointment. :D

Sorry your having a classic "One of those days" :(

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wow man. I've only left the sunroof open a crack during a rainstorm, and luckily remembered about 10 minutes into it, and was able to close it before any real damage was done. I hate that for you!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have never left mine open, but thanks too you I never will :)

And the last thing I want is a pet cat!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Word of advice:

When you get the majority of the water out (a wet vac usually works well), get yourself a few boxes of Arm & Hammer to help keep everything from getting musty inside.

Been there....done that! (with an older vehicle that I used to own)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an aftermarket sunroof and was upset it wouldn't open with the engine off. Now, after reading this post, I think it might be a good thing that it closes when I turn off the engine. Hope you get everything dried out good and don't end with a cat as a visitor.

John

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
jeadstx said:
I have an aftermarket sunroof and was upset it wouldn't open with the engine off. Now, after reading this post, I think it might be a good thing that it closes when I turn off the engine. Hope you get everything dried out good and don't end with a cat as a visitor.

John
It automatically closes when you shut off the ignition? Never heard of that before!

Now that I think about it, I'm kinda surprised that more manufacturers don't use the rain-sensing windshield wiper sensor to automatically close a sunroof that was left open when it starts to rain. The technology is already there.....and it seems so easy to do! Imagine leaving your sunroof open at work on a hot, sunny day. During the day it starts to cloud up and all of a sudden it starts pouring. The first drops of water that hit your windshield would trigger the sunroof to close up automatically. That would be pretty cool...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I get home, I think I'm going to soak up as much with a towel and then toss the dehumidifier in the car and see what happens (it works wonders in my basement, why not the car?).

By the way... I'm located in Western PA (Beaver Falls).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer...

We're feeling for you. Not nearly as bad or even in the same league, but I did that once when I had an H2. I didn't leave it all the way open, but the back side up for ventilation. Had a little storm over night. Hit the brakes once I was on my way and got a little shower from water hanging out up there. It also happened about two weeks before the warranty was up so I had the dealer give it the once over and they felt that some seals or whatever up there were to blame and replaced them. They never actually asked me if I just left it open, but to fresh seals I say okay, right? Silly hummers. Way more satisfied with the XK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts