Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a few quick shots of my new 07' Commander Limited. It's a big upgrade from my 04' Wrangler. Enjoy!

Brent

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice Ride! Santa brought me chrome door steps - I guess you were better this year!

I have bad eyes - what's the bumper sticker? Looks like a license tag or something.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site! Much better than a lump of coal! :p
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
What plate do you have? I don't remember a spider plate when I lived in VA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rwmorrisonjr said:
What plate do you have? I don't remember a spider plate when I lived in VA.
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I get a lot of questions and funny looks about those plates. They're actually one of the official license plates of my alma mater, the University of Richmond, our mascot being the Spider (that being said I'm not very fond of the arachnid family). It's a relatively small school, only about 2,500 kids, but well respected. Likewise the decal is for university parking.

Andy, did you get the chrome door steps through Mopar? I received a pair as well as you can see in the last pic, and let me tell you, they add a really nice touch to the vehicle. My ego gets bigger every time I open the door and see "Commander" etched on my door step :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TR4Runner said:
I see you also have a new Tahoe in the family. How do you like it?
We bought the Tahoe within the first week of the new redesigned 07 model launch, so I suppose we've had it for a little over a year now. I must say that the ride is impeccable for an SUV, and is a huge improvement over earlier models. The interior is nicely appointed, with more leather than hard plastic.

However, I still haven't meshed with the new exterior design, which reminds me of a bus mixed with a bulldozer, and if GM is so focused on improving fuel economy, it baffles me as to why the size of the Tahoe keeps growing, unless they're trying to compensate for the fact that Americans are getting fatter.

The fuel economy is right on par with my new Commander, averaging around 16.5 miles/gallon, yet most of the press seems to gloss over this while scrapping the Commander. The 26 gallon fuel tank must fool everyone.

In any case, at this point I'd take the Commander over the Tahoe anyday, as its better looking, more capable, and more fun to drive.

Brent

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
LBCBJ, Both mt girls are Spiders, the oldest has her 20th reunion this spring. I enjoyed my trips to Richmond. I lived in PA at the time. Millies was a favorite.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
LBCBJ said:
We bought the Tahoe within the first week of the new redesigned 07 model launch, so I suppose we've had it for a little over a year now. I must say that the ride is impeccable for an SUV, and is a huge improvement over earlier models. The interior is nicely appointed, with more leather than hard plastic.

However, I still haven't meshed with the new exterior design, which reminds me of a bus mixed with a bulldozer, and if GM is so focused on improving fuel economy, it baffles me as to why the size of the Tahoe keeps growing, unless they're trying to compensate for the fact that Americans are getting fatter.

The fuel economy is right on par with my new Commander, averaging around 16.5 miles/gallon, yet most of the press seems to gloss over this while scrapping the Commander. The 26 gallon fuel tank must fool everyone.

In any case, at this point I'd take the Commander over the Tahoe anyday, as its better looking, more capable, and more fun to drive.

Brent
I love the styling of the new generation Tahoe. It has nice lines and a tough look to it.

What engine did you get in your Commander? I would think the Tahoe would get worse fuel economy, considering its size and engine. Now that Chevy has a hybrid Tahoe, I'm sure fuel economy will be less of a concern for those willing to pay the hybrid premium up front.

·
Registered
205 Posts
LBCBJ said:
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I get a lot of questions and funny looks about those plates. They're actually one of the official license plates of my alma mater, the University of Richmond, our mascot being the Spider (that being said I'm not very fond of the arachnid family). It's a relatively small school, only about 2,500 kids, but well respected. Likewise the decal is for university parking.

Andy, did you get the chrome door steps through Mopar? I received a pair as well as you can see in the last pic, and let me tell you, they add a really nice touch to the vehicle. My ego gets bigger every time I open the door and see "Commander" etched on my door step :D

I got them from e-bay. They're Mopar, from the same seller that I bought the rear chrome handles, tailgate trim and door pieces from.

My Murano had the door steps, and I love the look, so I can't wait to put them on when they get here!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice new rig!! I like those door steps too, has anyone got them for a better price than $120?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Command This. said:
Nice new rig!! I like those door steps too, has anyone got them for a better price than $120?
$120 is not too bad. I think mine were $140... had them added before I ever saw the vehicle. They dress it up very nicely.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice ride. I'm a silver fan myself. The chrome door steps do look good. Might have to add that to my wish list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
andyblaze said:
I got them from e-bay. They're Mopar, from the same seller that I bought the rear chrome handles, tailgate trim and door pieces from.

My Murano had the door steps, and I love the look, so I can't wait to put them on when they get here!

Hey Andy, I see that you installed the chrome tailgate handles on your Commander. I have a Limited but for some reason the factory didn't install the measly $75 package that included the chrome handles and flared fenders, so I've been looking at adding a pair. How did you go about installing the handles? Was it a hassle?

Brent

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not at all. All I did was pop the plastic caps off, remove, insert new ones, bolting it on with the bolt provided (locks it into place). Then you're done. I'm not one to do stuff like this myself, but I did it with my dad in about 20 minutes. If I did it myself, it would have taken me 10 lol. The only thing I don't have for the limited model is the chrome that runs along top of the roof racks - and the fender bolts (but that's ok).

Here's step by step instructions posted with pics by YB Normyl a while back when I was asking how to do it. Scroll half way down the page to see the relevant pictures.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185&page=6

1 - 20 of 20 Posts