Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all that has helped me on this board, it's been fun but it's time for me to move on. I have had so many problems with water leaks it's not funny. My a/c started acting up, my transmission or t-case started slipping, the squeaking from the body mounts drove me crazy. I couldnt take it any more, the water leaks really did it. I went to my dealer and they made it right for me, they traded me out of my Commander and got me into a new Navigator L. So Im saying goodby to Jeep and all of you. Thanks again for all the help, it was fun. I hope none of you have as many problems as I have had in the last 3 months. I wish you all a good life with you and yours. Thank You and good night.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Could be. Also depends on who did the install.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Ever notice on forums that people who are happy with whatever it is that board talks about will just go off quietly into that great good night, but people who have had issues - real, imaginary or self-induced - with either the topic of the board or another member will always announce they're leaving.

...like it's some great revelation that will changes the lives of all who read their proclaimation, when - in fact - they're a little too self important and no one really noticed them in the first place.

I dunno. It's like the huffy little kid who announces that he's leaving and taking his football with him.

...and then everyone looks at the bag of other footballs still sitting on the field, and wonders why the little kid thinks it's important that he announce his intentions.

Oh well.

Here's your coat, sorry you stayed so long, shortmag. I'd wish you well and say I hope to see you on the trails ... but I've got a Jeep. You've got a Navigator.

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Meat, it's a web forum. Hell, I'd be surprised that if someone that didn't have problems with a vehicle NOT to complain about it somewhere. We do that while we own the vehicles, so I don't see an issue about it when it gets traded in. As for the aftermarket equipment; none of those very basic aftermarket add-on's would have caused the issues he is complaining about.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
sgilbert said:
Hummm....Maybe it was all that aftermarket crap he added.
06 STONE WHITE LIMITED 4X4 5.7 HEMI, MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK, AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI, CHROME FUEL DOOR AND BUG SHIELD. REAR OVERHEAD DVD.

Can you please explain to me which of the mods he listed would lead you to believe they caused his tranny problems? The exhaust? uh, no. CAI, uh, no. Chrome fuel door, yeah, this must be the one. Bugshield, uh..... DVD.....

Some people are so in love with their vehicles they blame everyone but the automaker for problems....

And Meat, what's wrong with ShortMag saying goodbye to his forum friends? He didn't say a negative word about the site or the people here, just his jeep, which he couldn't get fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Some individual vehicles just turn out crappy. I haven't had any real problems with mine. Luck of the draw.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
So the guy had some problems with his Commander... He went out graciously and wished the rest of you good luck.

If you ask me, he should've gotten a 4Runner. Then he'd have reliability AND offroad-ability ;)

LOL.

Meat, don't be so hard on the guy. It makes you seem insecure.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
TR4Runner said:
So the guy had some problems with his Commander... He went out graciously and wished the rest of you good luck.

If you ask me, he should've gotten a 4Runner. Then he'd have reliability AND offroad-ability ;)
But then none of us would have the pleasure of getting to know our service writers so well! Oh wait, I knew my Toyota writer personally too!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
But then none of us would have the pleasure of getting to know our service writers so well! Oh wait, I knew my Toyota writer personally too!

I've never met mine, and I hope it stays that way! But you never know....

·
Banned
94 Posts
RedCommander said:
And Meat, what's wrong with ShortMag saying goodbye to his forum friends? He didn't say a negative word about the site or the people here, just his jeep, which he couldn't get fixed.
There's nothing wrong with shortmag ending his short tenure here with a complaint and announcement that he's buying something else. As I mentioned in my observation, it's the way many people who whine alot leave.

People who don't have issues will usually just stop posting.

You having a bad day today? You certainly seem to be trying to start arguments with alot of people. Your time of the month? :p

Your pal,
Meat.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MEAT, you dont have to worry about me I"LL be just fine on the trails I still have plenty of Jeep's, 2 CJ's and a Scrambler mater of fact. Thanks.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts