Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I left my house this morning it was -15F and when I arrived at the last gate before I got to my worksite it was -26F. Fun stuff. On a good note my worksite was -21F and leaving it warmed up to a balmy -18F.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No gauge issues here... just wish it read warmer because that would mean it would be warmer outside:B4:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
man F*%^ that. i didn't even know the gauge on the commander reads in (-) degrees.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that makes it seem almost tropical down here in Southeast at 10F...I was just thinking this morning how it felt like Anchorage down here, guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-29 atm... I will post shot when I get back to my house whose furnace decided it was to cold to work today :(

Waiting on plumbers to call *sigh*

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How does the Commander run in that weather??? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Besides from the power steering not liking it, and the 2 second scream from the heater fan. It works great. But at these temps you start to want or need a cold front for the grill...:ugh2:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm.. I lied we hit a record low today.... and my furnace decided to test my tolerance for cold & plumbers who like overtime. -30 when I got to work before turning around and heading back to the house to stare at the furnace with no clue what to do next. Luckily while waiting for the $200/min per hr plumbers a friend of a friend came by troubleshot it in 5mins, lubed my siezed blower motor spun the squirill cage till the motor was able to push it on its own and put it back together total time 30mins. So my wife paid him $100 for saving the day. Now if the house would get back up to 70degrees... :ugh2:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
i was standing outside last night, 27 deg, raining, windy, freezing my tail off and wondered, how do they do this in Alaska??

With all the snow, and far below freezing temperatures, how do you fill up? Do you have to stand outside and freeze like this? What about other places? Canada? What do you guys in the real cold do?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I stand outside, I have never gotten back in the vehicle except when the wind was blowing and it was -40 outside. Best to suffer and make the rounds of the vehicle inspecting lights and tires and breaking ice off the wipers.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Ok, I feel wimpy now complaining about the cold! I really dont mind it. The freezing is really a rush. I always wish for the below 0 temps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts