Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 20km off road experience......Average speed 5km per hour.
Master guide : Frank
Master Driver : Sarah
A man's best friend - Stella..... the dog!!!
Scenery : Priceless
Weather : Unbelivable for Alberta (Snow last week)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Great pics!!! :eyemouth:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics, way to dirty up the commander. looks like that ford was in deep $#!+.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ford was in well over the axles. They waited 7 hours to get pulled out. We where the first ones they saw all day, we tried to pull them out but no luck. Then like a miracle over the top of the mountain came a CJ, YJ, and Toyota. Took all 3 winchs to pull him out. It was a s#&t show

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
lucky for them you guys came around.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah they were so happy to see us the first thing they asked us for was a smoke:rofl:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where all the guys are standing behind the Ford thats where we went through. It was pretty hairy, there was not much room for error.

·
Registered
807 Posts
looks fun!
Your commander looks sharp. where was this place? do you have any videos?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ford was in well over the axles. They waited 7 hours to get pulled out. We where the first ones they saw all day, we tried to pull them out but no luck. Then like a miracle over the top of the mountain came a CJ, YJ, and Toyota. Took all 3 winchs to pull him out. It was a s#&t show
Thats a long time to be stuck! probably why they say not to go out on trails alone. I do, but i usually have enough gear to weather it out. it funny they didnt seem to have any tool or equipment to get out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[/QUOThats a long time to be stuck! probably why they say not to go out on trails alone. I do, but i usually have enough gear to weather it out. it funny they didnt seem to have any tool or equipment to get out. TE]

In my truck i have 2 hand winchs, 3 tow straps, high lift jack, shovel, axe, hooks, d rings, 3 gps units, maps and more maps, first aid kit, flare gun, Satelite phone, enough food for a day or two warm clothes, bottle of Jagger, fishing rod and of coarse dog treats. Im thinking thsat enough to get me thtrough on my own with out any problems. Those guy in the Ford where up to no good.........

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Looks like you had fun. Thanks for sharing the pics.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts