Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's under the steering wheel and to the left of it if you were looking at the steering wheel. It would be above and to the right of the hood release. It looks like there are two brackets/wiring harnesses there. I'm baffled...

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
Got pics ?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Cut it and see what happens...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There are several wires there in mine, you have to be a little more specific.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Pictures to come soon.
I've been chuckling for two days on this one.
The cut it and let us know response was classic.

Anyways, this is a odd question from the standpoint of information.
Specificly, why?
What are you trying to repair?
If it's just because inquiring minds need to know I think a service manual would be in order.
And, even with a manual, it will just list circuit numbers, not function....hence, back to the whatcha trying to fix response.

Photo might be nice, but additional info will be needed.

Rob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I cut it as recommended and it seems I have no more power steering or brakes. Oh well, at least I've pinpointed what it is.

Just kidding! Thank you cico7. That would be it. Thought I was going crazy with the other two responses and the "helpful" reply from Kansas, but yeah, that would make sense. I'm not sure what's going on with other Commanders that would have several wires, but good luck with that! This is it, the only bracket under the steering column or anything for that matter other than interior lights and the hood pop. Mystery solved.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
It's under the steering wheel and to the right of it if you were looking at the steering wheel. It would be above and to the right of the hood release. It looks like there are two brackets/wiring harnesses there. I'm baffled...
I'm not sure what's going on with other Commanders that would have several wires, but good luck with that!
Next time be sure you know WHERE the wire you are asking about is located at! The wire you were asking about was on the LEFT not the RIGHT! You changed your post today to "left"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You caught me a49er fan. Thanks for noticing and calling me out. I'm busy now, but next year I plan to devote some time to learning my left and right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts