Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that there is more space to be found in the jack storage area, I cant seem to find a decent looking mod done there with the third row seats still in place however. Sal-XK seems to have done something, but none of the links work and I can't find anything regarding his situation.

Everyone else has removed third row and made a HUGE storage box of which I am jealous, however that's not an option for me.

Looking for inspiration. :)

This is all that I've come across

Should be able to build a box and carpet it and hinge the top right?

Maybe a flush mount pull

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some have removed the jack box altogether and added that into their box build. Search for "third row" and you will find several threads with some good examples. Good luck! I am in the process of adding my third row back in since I am finding myself hauling more kids around these days.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some have removed the jack box altogether and added that into their box build. Search for "third row" and you will find several threads with some good examples. Good luck! I am in the process of adding my third row back in since I am finding myself hauling more kids around these days.
Thanks for posting. Yeah I have to retain my third row, and I'd love to take advantage of the space back there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not sure how much space something like the above pictured would add. I currently have a 30 ft recovery strap, 100 ft of rope, a folding shovel, a pair of gloves, safety glasses, the stock jack, and a few other misc. small things under the stock cover with the third row in place and I never find myself having difficulty getting it back together so I am sure I could fit more if I tried.

Are you looking for something that doesn't sit flush with the rest of the cargo area when the seat is down?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I have to retain my third row, and I'd love to take advantage of the space back there.
Did you ever come up with a solution? I basically did the same as above, piled extras on top of stock jack. I've got a flashlight, flares, rope, water, first aid kit, and ammo back there, all in small quantities. With two toddlers and one on the way, getting rid of the third row is not an option, but I always need more storage.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ever come up with a solution? I basically did the same as above, piled extras on top of stock jack. I've got a flashlight, flares, rope, water, first aid kit, and ammo back there, all in small quantities. With two toddlers and one on the way, getting rid of the third row is not an option, but I always need more storage.
No I did not. Just stuffed extra stuff back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts