Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am totally choked. My JBA control arms with less than 10k kilometers have 3 of 4 of the rubber bushings pounded out. What an absolute piece of **** bushing. Marlin has an upgrade kit but it will cost me $150 and at least two weeks wait. According to his site, they were supposed to come with the arms.

Has anyone come up with a poly replacement that works? Any info would be great as I don't want to spend that kind of money and the wait. I need to have this thing bush ready yesterday. Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if a factory style bushing will fit the JBA control arm?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dunno. Are they cheap to try and localy available?

Reactions: Flex

·
Administrator
15,530 Posts
Hey guys,

I am totally choked. My JBA control arms with less than 10k kilometers have 3 of 4 of the rubber bushings pounded out. What an absolute piece of **** bushing. Marlin has an upgrade kit but it will cost me $150 and at least two weeks wait. According to his site, they were supposed to come with the arms.

Has anyone come up with a poly replacement that works? Any info would be great as I don't want to spend that kind of money and the wait. I need to have this thing bush ready yesterday. Thanks.
@Flex Have you talked to Marlin? If not, give him a call. He is a very reasonable person and stands behind his products.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know if a factory style bushing will fit the JBA control arm?
Not sure, but I thought I heard of people throwing Moog bushings in them and being fine...

Or, maybe that was the ball joint? Sorry no help.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
@Flex Have you talked to Marlin? If not, give him a call. He is a very reasonable person and stands behind his products.
Have to agree with @jeep5253 here;

Marlin is very reasonable - but he can be difficult to get a hold of at times.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys. I did talk to him. He offered to sell me his upgrade bushings. Aside from the $200 for the bushings, I would have had to wait 2 weeks to get them.

I measured them and it turns out that they are the same dimensions as stock. I ordered some Moogs and replaced them on a weekend. I ended up having to leave the rear bolts inside out. The bushings that he had in there were some soft Chinese junk.

·
Administrator
6,939 Posts
Hey guys. I did talk to him. He offered to sell me his upgrade bushings. Aside from the $200 for the bushings, I would have had to wait 2 weeks to get them.

I measured them and it turns out that they are the same dimensions as stock. I ordered some Moogs and replaced them on a weekend. I ended up having to leave the rear bolts inside out. The bushings that he had in there were some soft Chinese junk.
Good to know, thanks for following up @Flex;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts