Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the the JBA Front Upper Control Arms this weekend. They are much more stout than stock!

Did not have any issues with the install, everything fit well, just leave yourself lots of time. I spent about 4 hours all together, with most of that time dedicated to monkeying the upper bolts back behind the springs. Found the best method was just to use a pair of channel locks to thread the bolts out of the bushings and mounts once the nut was off. Tedious, but it worked. It does mark up the bolts quite a bit, so hopefully that won't come back to bite me later on

On the install, I did save some hassle by installing one of the bolts backwards (from the outside in and backing it with some washers so it stayed away from the spring).

Overall, everything went very well, just leave plenty of time if you're not a professional mechanic.

Front is now nice and quiet, with the clunking, bucking and kicking caused by the extremely worn stock ball joints a thing of the past.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Nice! I wish I had the patience you do. I had a local shop install my JBAs. It stopped an awful clunk on the front immediately and the thing rides great now. The JBAs are much beefier and fit the lift much better.

Looks good.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Hey, the pics didn't come through. Any chance you could repost? Cheers. Jorge

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did you change out the ball joints too? Do you need any special ones with the JBA's?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Curse you, Safari!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
It works now. That is great looking kit. Looks really sturdy. When my UCAs wear out, I'll probably go the same route you did. Did you have to realign the front after the mod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts