Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows what the clearance is between the two. My old jba arms hit the strut/coil.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The new JBA arms were designed to fix that issue.

The RRO arms don't have that issue, BUT, they have KJ UCA bushings. I didn't realize that until i was installing them and noticed the difference. Downgrading to a smaller/lighter duty bushing isn't exactly the direction I wanted go to.

If i was buying arms today, I'd spend the extra and get the newer JBA arms.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
X2 on the new JBA's. I have the old version JBA's and haven't had any issues. So the new ones will be much better since they resolve the clearance issues

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Im going to order the new ones . going to go with the jba's. I let you know how they are.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The arms are not necessary. The do help in getting a better alignment and reliving the angle of the upper ball joint.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Should I also get new upper control arms if I get a 2" ome lift?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If you have the extra money I'd say get them. No one was ever able to get my front end aligned properly in the past and I had an issue with cupping tires. Got the JBA UCA's and my tires are wearing perfectly and got the alignment dead on. Well worth the money! Plus the added strength of the ball joints and arms them self make it a nice mod

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the new uppers today. I haven't installed them yet. Here are some pictures of old and new JBA's.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New measurement

Old measurement

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just about to go out and install the new uca's and notice the have a large washer. The old jba's did not come with this washer and the stock uca did not use a washer. Should I use the washer or is it not necessary?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Digging this one up huh?

Good question, in fact I'm also curious whether these are worth the significantly increased cost over something like a premium Moog UCA for an XK with only a 2" lift. I can certainly see advantages with larger lifts however.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Those jba sound great but how do they compare to Rocky road outfitters uca?? Besides the $100 price difference..
The RRO arms suck, plain and simple. I know at least 6 people (myself included) who have had to replace their arms because they weren't built wide enough. Add to that the other QA issues people have had, like the bushings not being press fit and pop out with hand pressure, taking months to get replacement arms, half-ass "fixes" (washers), etc.

The $100 "savings" is quickly dwindled when you have to R&R the arms multiple times and get multiple alignments. All for arms that have tiny Jeep Liberty bushings, weaker than the OEM bushings designed for our vehicles.... doesn't get more "heavy duty" than that, right? Next we'll be "upgrading" to Prius brake calipers for heavy duty stopping power :eek2:

Stay away from the RRO arms... I'd get Moog replacement's before them. If you want an actual upgrade, JBA or bust.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can't go wrong with the JBA. I'm glad I invested the extra $ into them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts