Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read mixed messages online (surprises! right) I am ordering new shocks, struts, springs and and lift kit (likely the Rough Country 664) I did also find some off brands that are 3 inch blocks.
Either way at the JBA UCAs Required, Options but good idea, not needed?
Is the answer the same on a 2 or 3 inch lift?
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I have read mixed messages online (surprises! right) I am ordering new shocks, struts, springs and and lift kit (likely the Rough Country 664) I did also find some off brands that are 3 inch blocks.
Either way at the JBA UCAs Required, Options but good idea, not needed?
Is the answer the same on a 2 or 3 inch lift?
Thanks!
JBA UCA's are a good idea but they are not a necessity @Curtis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning on going to 265/70/17 on 17x9 custom wheels 4.5 backspacing for reference.
When doing my math they should clear (maybe some pinching and hammering) a 2 inch lift but was thinking of going to a 3 for insurance.
I mentioned that to check this forums thoughts on A) clearance B) 2 inch vs 3 inch having some bearing on the JBA decision.
Also thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am planning on going to 265/70/17 on 17x9 custom wheels 4.5 backspacing for reference.
When doing my math they should clear (maybe some pinching and hammering) a 2 inch lift but was thinking of going to a 3 for insurance.
I mentioned that to check this forums thoughts on A) clearance B) 2 inch vs 3 inch having some bearing on the JBA decision.
so, i just looked back at your post and you said, shocks, struts, springs & a lift? what have you budgeted for the whole setup? the reason i ask is, you could just go with an OME HD/MD lift kit.

17x9 with 4.5 BS and 265/70/17 should fit no problem. you will need to do pinch weld.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am kind of flexible.
I have an amazon wish list with those items around $500 for - thats for 3 inch.
Quick google search shows me the lift you mentioned is around 900 for 2 inches - however it does look real nice and likely a better set up.
But you reckon that lost inch will matter much with the wheels and tires?
Edit - also thanks for the reply and suggestion

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am kind of flexible.
I have an amazon wish list with those items around $500 for - thats for 3 inch.
Quick google search shows me the lift you mentioned is around 900 for 2 inches - however it does look real nice and likely a better set up.
But you reckon that lost inch will matter much with the wheels and tires?
Edit - also thanks for the reply and suggestion
the OME is actually a 3" lift, for some reason it is listed as 2".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wheels

Hello, what are the wheels you plan on using? I guess it's because you don't want to use wheel spacers, right?

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@omega48er - thanks thats good to know I will consider that since it looks to be a better lift. On the site I found it on ironically the order page asks me if I want to get the JBA UCA :) Making me questions if I just toss another 450 and get them while I am at it.
@Kemmer I am getting 17x9 Warlords https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-warlord.php
Yes on the spacer and one of my stock wheels has a hairline crack. Plus I like the look of the warlords.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wheels

@omega48er - thanks thats good to know I will consider that since it looks to be a better lift. On the site I found it on ironically the order page asks me if I want to get the JBA UCA :) Making me questions if I just toss another 450 and get them while I am at it.
@Kemmer I am getting 17x9 Warlords https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/off-road-wheels-rims-warlord.php
Yes on the spacer and one of my stock wheels has a hairline crack. Plus I like the look of the warlords.
NIIICE! Please post a pic of your rig with the Warlords when your done? :smile2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do @Kemmer.
Ok parts ordered. I ended up going with the OME MD Kit from Rocky Road Outfitters with their UCAs - price seem good for the package deal.
Mailman is gonna take literal forever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Will do @Kemmer.
Ok parts ordered. I ended up going with the OME MD Kit from Rocky Road Outfitters with their UCAs - price seem good for the package deal.
Mailman is gonna take literal forever.
Almost done the install - here is an updated photo.

I have not done the center caps on yet since I got a little rub to deal with but will get better shots after that.
:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Almost done the install - here is an updated photo.

I have not done the center caps on yet since I got a little rub to deal with but will get better shots after that.
:grin2:
You said almost done @Curtis; Did you ever finish?

Do you have any updated pics? Or is that last pic you posted a few months ago the finished product?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts