1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBA Upper Control Arms & ball joints installed;

Before;

After;

I'm very pleased with these; definitely a nice upgrade over the stock UCA's/balljoints.

Next - Custom WAM front bumper and Smittybuilt 9500 winch to be installed on April 21st.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
those look great... did you put them on yourself? if so how long did it take?
No I did not, I took it to the Jeep Dealership;

It took them about 3 hours from start to finish - including the alignment.

They really do standout because they are plainly visible - even at a glance, just above the the top of the front tires inside the wheel wells as you can see from these pics;

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats - Looks great!

Let us know if you notice any difference in the ride and how it feels.

Bob

·
Registered
68 Posts
No I did not, I took it to the Jeep Dealership;

It took them about 3 hours from start to finish - including the alignment.

They really do standout because they are plainly visible - even at a glance, just above the the top of the front tires inside the wheel wells as you can see from these pics;

hell yeah.. they look great.. I want a set now..

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats - Looks great!

Let us know if you notice any difference in the ride and how it feels.

Bob
Thanks Bob.

I can't really say that I feel a difference riding around town, but, it does feel a little more positive taking the bumps.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell yeah.. they look great.. I want a set now..
All you have to do is pony up the $450.00.

Well worth it for something that comes with a lifetime warranty - and the ball joints are rebuildable which is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
those look great... did you put them on yourself? if so how long did it take?
I did this with my knowledgeable brother, and it took us almost 5 hours with hand tools. Including the time it took to run to the local shop to get the joint greased, and time it took to enjoy some nice brew.
The instructions included are menacingly easy, and we found them missing quite a few steps, at least for my rc lifted 07 Hemi.

The bolts that hold the uca are quite long, and when removing, 3 out of 4 bolts hit the spring and would not come out all the way. We had to open the hood and drop the strut (shock heh). Also had to remove the airfilter housing completely to access one of the nuts.

So my recommendation is if you are planning on lifting, and upgrading to the jba ucas, do it at the same time. They share 90% of the same steps- though the instructions suggest you do not have to drop the shock.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did this with my knowledgeable brother, and it took us almost 5 hours with hand tools. Including the time it took to run to the local shop to get the joint greased, and time it took to enjoy some nice brew.
The instructions included are menacingly easy, and we found them missing quite a few steps, at least for my rc lifted 07 Hemi.

The bolts that hold the uca are quite long, and when removing, 3 out of 4 bolts hit the spring and would not come out all the way. We had to open the hood and drop the strut (shock heh). Also had to remove the airfilter housing completely to access one of the nuts.

So my recommendation is if you are planning on lifting, and upgrading to the jba ucas, do it at the same time. They share 90% of the same steps- though the instructions suggest you do not have to drop the shock.
my ome lift is getting more expensive the longer I wait to put it on.. lol.. but I think I am going to get these too.. haha

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my ome lift is getting more expensive the longer I wait to put it on.. lol.. but I think I am going to get these too.. haha
If you have the money, I'd say go for it - but it really isn't a necessity unless you are an avid off-roader.

The thing that pushed me to do it is the added weight I'm going to have upfront from the WAM custom steel front bumper and Smittybuilt 9500 winch I'm getting installed in 5 days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wish we all lived close. I would love to help you guys do all these mods to our Jeeps. I'm retired and have lots of free time. I used to be a mechanic many years ago and still enjoy repairing cars.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish we all lived close. I would love to help you guys do all these mods to our Jeeps. I'm retired and have lots of free time. I used to be a mechanic many years ago and still enjoy repairing cars.
You and me both my friend.

Unfortunately for me, I am out of the country more than I'm in it.

I'm in the Philippines right now and have been over here in the Pacific for the last year.

Hopefully, I'll be coming home in the next week or so for a couple of months, finally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts