Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the limited and the 65th besides the seats?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 65th is more similar to the base Commander than the Limited. That means it's missing a lot of bells and whistles. It also means you can't get a 65th with a Hemi if you care about that sort of thing. If you take a 26S or 28S base package Commander, add a sunroof, change the black strip at the bottom of the doors to chrome, change the door handles and rear latch to match the body color, change out the seats and floor mats to 65th ones, swap out the wheels for very similar wheels, and add the ability to play mp3 files off a data CD in your stereo, you have a 65th. In short, don't think you're getting anything close to a Limited with the 65th package. Personally, I didn't want anything the Limited had to offer (and I HATE the Limited's wheel wells) so the 65th was fine by me and I am enjoying it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mine is a 65th but we dont get the tow bar or the roof rails because they dont conform to australian standards but we do get the 6 cylinder mercedes diesel that turbo charged 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in 9 seconds all in all im happy with my jc.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I will have to check out the wheel wells, I did not realize there was a difference. I have the Limited, was the Dealer's car so I got a good deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is the actual feature set....

Power sunroof including CommandViewTM Skylights
Monochromatic exterior appearance with body color door handles and rear license plate brow
Bright chrome bodyside moldings and tow hooks
Fog lamps
Cargo net
Unique 17-inch Wrench aluminum wheels with gray accents
Unique cloth seats with embroidered Jeep 65 logo
Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo
Unique center console accents
AM/FM 6-CD/MP3 radio
Unique Jeep 65th Anniversary badge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts