Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These just came in from e-bay. I know they might not be the best quality, but the novelty of them is worth it.

You can get them in any color lens and different color lettering. These are going on the matrix (if it ever gets here)

This kit also came with three relays and a wiring kit pre-spliced and setup.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd like to see an installed pic when done, I'm not feelin' the letters right now. Maybe it'll look different when on the rig, keep us posted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have those exact lights on the windshield mounts of my TJ excpt the grills on mine are all black. The only problem I've had with them is the bulbs don't last, make sure you have spares.... They are bright when they're working tho....

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hey Seth, is the housing metal or plastic?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bulbs? Who needs bulbs? To heck with bulbs... convert them to HID's and make flame throwers out of them!!

I've converted several different lights on my various rigs, including off-road tractor style trapezoid pattern lights. They're pretty easy to do. Here's the eBay seller I've bought several kits from, and I haven't had any failures yet.

http://stores.ebay.com/hid-superstore?_rdc=1

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plastic housing. It;s more of a cheap novelty thing until more $$$ is given from the wife.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Really cheap, both lights are now burnt out and the hardware is rusting. The paint is chipping off the letters. PLEASE DON'T BUY THESE! better off duck tapping flash lights to your hood.

Time for some PIAA'S or KC lights!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for the update, unfortunately I have already purchased two sets for my truck. They will be more for looks than anything so I will rock'em till they fail. I'll throw some lithium grease on the hardware to slow the rust down and maybe buy better bulbs that last. Thanks again for the update.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good thing you didn't convert them to HID... they might have become literal flame throwers. (As in melt and burn from the HID's heat)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I searched for lights back in the summer and found KC Apollos. They have polymer housings but work well. I was concerned anything other than stainless would rust. I may still upgrade to S/S KC lights sometime, but the KC Apollos were a great value.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Speaking of lights the best lights I have found IMO are Lightforce with interchangeable covers not only for colors but beam patterns so in seconds you can have yellow fog or white driving or even infrared if you wanted too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts