Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually take most of the badges off of the cars that I own. Has anyone taken the Jeep badge off the hood? Does it have holes there or is it just glued on? Anyone have any pics of it off? Thanks <M>

·
Registered
31 Posts
took mine off no holes.... no holes on any of the badges

·
Registered
258 Posts
I dont take badges off my vehicles. But I did make the dealership that off the Hideous "Dallas Jeep" that they stick on the back of all their cars. It looks even worse on the Dodge trucks they sell. :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i completely debadged my entire jeep, and all went well. then i decided to talk the JEEP off the chrome hatch and i took the J off only to find a hole! Any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's the point of removing the Jeep name?? I can understand removing the dealerships logo's (luckily our dealers logo was just the license plate frame which was easily removed).

I'm just trying to understand the logic...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Um,

Why wouldn't you want it to say it's a Jeep? We NEVER leave any dealership badging on our vehicles (no free advertising here), but, we've never removed the name of the vehicle. Never would have thought of it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
On some vehicles it lends itself to very clean lines.

However, I have never seen the need to remove the logos from my Jeep. I am proud to drive a Jeep and have nothing to hide. :)

I didn't let the dealership put their sticker on my car and gave them 44 days of free advertising on a license plate frame while I waited for my plates. When I got the plates (which say XK JEEP to match my Cherokee's XJ JEEP) the license plate frame came off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some ask why debadge? it's just as the one stated, it leads to clean lines. I'm a fan of smooth lines, and on my vehicle i want everything to flow freely. No need, for a JEEP LOGO, or a huge 4x4 Limited and 5.7L HEMI on the hatch. Anyone who's educated knows what i drive. I am a proud owner of a jeep. And in no ways did i debadge it b/c i want people to think i drive a hummer. Nope sorry, It's all personal preference. I ride all my whips debadged, limo tint, and huge rims! Sorry guys, Im a city guy ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been thinking about debadging my JC...What did you use? I used bug and tar remover and a blow dryer to debadge my STI but after I did it you could still see the lines of the letters!!!...I must agree a vehicles real lines and design show up when there are not a bunch of letters on it, just looks alot cleaner!!....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is a link to my page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2487152

I first pulled the jeep inside ( Pennsylvania) to heat up, i then used a heat gun to warm the logos up. Then i very gently used a putty blade to remove the logos. Becareful removing, they are hard and will chip big time. my body shop guys found this on when they were forced to remove on that was damaged. Anyhow, dont pry up, go side to side. After all the logos were removed i wiped it down with pro sol, and then buffed all the spots. IT turned out great....post opinions!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here in the U.K. because there are so few Commanders on the road people are always asking me what my car is, even with the badges on!!!

I might just de-badge it to really confuse 'em ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts