Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yahoo news story

Geez, I hope this never happens. I don't wanna drive a Tata....

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Hey, tatas are good. Help save the tatas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen that on a bumper sticker before. :D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
If you read the story, Jeep's not for sale, but in talks to sell the Wrangler in India and lease domestic production facilities to Fiat since Fiat's looking to reenter the N.A. market next year.

These are good things since Cerberus needs to generate more cash quickly. Fiat can use idled plants and shifts to build vehicles here to avoid tariffs, and India's one of the largest and fastest growing car markets, on par with China, and GM builds Buicks in China for the same reason.

Still, I'll go out of my way to save a pair or two of stray or wanting tatas in a day! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rwmorrisonjr said:
If you read the story, Jeep's not for sale, but in talks to sell the Wrangler in India and lease domestic production facilities to Fiat since Fiat's looking to reenter the N.A. market next year.
Yeah, but a little further down, the "unidentified" investment banker speculates that the Jeep brand could be sold down the road:

"It would make sense for Tata to buy Jeep if this partnership went through ... and Chrysler could really do with selling a brand and getting some cash."

Hope not....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LOL.. tatas

I could not drive something with that name.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Hey, tatas are good. Help save the tatas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen that on a bumper sticker before. :D
I've got a sticker that says "Support Linda's Knockers". Got it from Lazy Susans Crab House, in Lewes, DE. Apparently Linda, one of the workers there, has breast cancer.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Tata now own Land Rover and Jaguar!!!!! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts