Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By now most of you have seen the thread in the Discount Tire section about 30% cash back

If you search through live.com, a microsoft site that competes with iGoogle etc, you will see live link paid promotions. ([email protected] provided links to more indepth information too, check it out). By going to http://search.live.com/cashback you can see a list of participating stores and their cash back/shipping deals. eBay on the other hand is different and is not listed with the other stores. ANY ITEM that has buy it now and paypal is eligible, but there are certain stipulations. I recommend you visit here for more details. The eBay discount is dynamic, and fluctuates from 5% - 35% but has the best cash back offer(so far,). So you have to catch it at the right time. For example, when I purchased my tires this morning I had a 30% off cash back. Now you only get 25%, although it is still a good deal.

So the good news, it helps your Christmas shopping. The bad, it takes patience and knowing the guidelines. I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread to share these deals, so we have one single location (and to not Hijack the Discount Tire thread).

For example: Rocky Road outfitters has a store where they sell super sliders and lifts. The 2.25" lift is $210, so if you bought it now you would get $52.50 back. Rocky road doesn't offer free shipping though so be careful. Their super sliders actually cost more to ship via ebay than their site, but you only get the cash back via eBay.

Other deals: Mopar4Less has buy it now with reasonable shipping
Also Summit Racing has a store on ebay that qualifies.

edit* you will not see the icon for %back unless you follow the steps to use the cash back program

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I am going to stick this thread until Christmas for those who want to get your Commander a gift!

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried it on a playstation 3. i couldn't get it to work.
what did you type in when you searched live.com? The sponsored link will not show up if you type in "ebay", you have to try keywords like "wheels" "cheap wii" and "PS3".

To remove any future confusion I figure I will put some screen shots to make a how to:

1.) Sign up for live.com, cashback at live.com, paypal, and ebay accounts

2.) Go to live.com (or check out the stores within cashback)

3.) After the "key" (still dont know which ones are best, but cheap wii is once I found from researching this) search word is entered you will see the sponsored link like this:

4.) Click the link for the % cash back (note there are 3 different cash back deals, I still don't understand what the deal with ebay is yet)

5.) You will then come to ebay and go to an item with buy it now and paypal, or do a store search. You know the % cashback is there because of the icon (you will see it again at checkout)

6.) You have 60 minutes to make the purchase. Only 1 item per session is eligible, yet you can come back and do it again, max of $200 back per purchase and $2,500 annually. See the link above for details

7.) At checkout you will see more details on your rewards

8.) Once everything is completed and you get the email notification for the cashback account and you will come to a screen like this within your live account. I set mine up to put the money back into paypal:

I have only done this for discount tire so far, but after searching deal watcher sites and reading the fine print I feel confident in these claims. I am waiting for it to go back up to 30 and ordering a hypertech 2 controller

:headbang2: happy shopping

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for posting this good info lucky, this is very helpful.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Guys,

Check the links on this web site! Someone just made it easier with links to searches that generate the best possible % off!
http://www.cashbackr.com/

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
if there are parts you guys want to try with me, i'll put some things up on ebay.

list them here and i'll put them on ebay.

Check out ORU.com, if there is something there you see you like, let me know.

i sell all kinds of stuff now. i just don't have time to list it all.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Just a quick note to say that I got cashback on the Discount Tire buy using this method.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks password, I am glad my suspicions were right! Hopefully this program runs for awhile or at least through the holiday.
Also, I checked with Rocky Road about their shipping cost being higher on ebay (I want their super sliders) and this is their response:
Prices are usually better direct fro mour website. Shipping is also almost a week faster direct for our website and we accept all forms of payment there including Paypal. YOu may just want to order direct off the website since it offers so many advantages over using Ebay... http://www.rocky-road.com/commander.html
So why have an ebay store? Better yet, why did they post this on the actual product page? But its Rocky Road, wouldn't surprise me, considering they can't even write correct installation directions for their own lifts

Ross, that would be excellent if you would put your products online to do this! Here are my ideas:

Defender Roof Rack Commander Package - This would include the 4x5x4 roof rack and Commander Mounting Brackets.
- By making a package we would get the % cashback on the entire purchase, and it saves you on any eBay store fees (which are crazy cheap anyways) by making it one item.
-Side question: Which ORU mounting brackets are these? I know Phunkey had problems his original ones and ORU sent him a different version.

Get Lost Engine Skid Plate
-Will this fit if we do not have your Front Bumper? If not, I assume we get the bumper skid plate but didn’t know if the Engine skid plate came painted like that. Plus when I penny up for your front bumper I wouldn’t need to buy a new one

Hi-Lift Jacks - Maybe a package with this too? W/ off road base and handle keeper? (I know when i bought mine it was a pain to buy seperate)

Superlift eXtreme Ring Diff cover (sorry, theirs just looks bad ass)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't wish a legal battle with microsoft or ebay on my worst enemy, and just realized something mentioned in a previous post that could possibly be taken the wrong way

I would caution anyone about buying from yourself on eBay. It is evident Microsoft and eBay have a special deal going on with cash back and that is why it takes time to get the cashback, different % back, and that they are not listed in the live.com stores. They will probably, at the least verify payment trasnactions, check paypal account information, ip address, and require shipping confirmation. I know this was not what get lost meant in his post, but I just didnt want anyone to read it and think about doing it without consequences.

Time for me to get of my soap box :soapbox: (they only had a mad soapbox smiley). And wow I need to get back to work, being sick and on cold medicine makes it so hard to concentrate though

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i wouldn't bother doing it. i wonder if anyone has tried it?

i'll put the defender roof rack on ebay. you try it and tell me if it works.

i'll post a link.

I wouldn't wish a legal battle with microsoft or ebay on my worst enemy, and just realized something mentioned in a previous post that could possibly be taken the wrong way

I would caution anyone about buying from yourself on eBay. It is evident Microsoft and eBay have a special deal going on with cash back and that is why it takes time to get the cashback, different % back, and that they are not listed in the live.com stores. They will probably, at the least verify payment trasnactions, check paypal account information, ip address, and require shipping confirmation. I know this was not what get lost meant in his post, but I just didnt want anyone to read it and think about doing it without consequences.

Time for me to get of my soap box :soapbox: (they only had a mad soapbox smiley). And wow I need to get back to work, being sick and on cold medicine makes it so hard to concentrate though

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well it looks like it works! Bummer you did not do this last week... I just purchased the Surco!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Awesome! It is good to know not all my ideas are just me rambling.

So now the good news/bad news:
  • Using cashbakr.com I found a few live 25% offers
  • The cash back doesn't count on shipping,
  • However, if it goes back up to 30%, which it most likely will, that is ~$50 more you could save if shipping was free and the item cost $535 as the buy it now price

Bottom line, it's a gamble. Risk losing 25% to wait for 30%? Here are the possibilities:
  • Shipping separate, BIN @ $450 and 25%: $112.50 cash back
  • Shipping included, BIN @ $535 and 25%: $133.75 cash back
  • Shipping separate, BIN @ $450 and 30%: $135.00 cash back
  • Shipping included, BIN @ $535 and 30% offer: $160.50 cash back
This is assuming GetLost can, or will, roll the cost of shipping (or make it $1) into the buy it now price

So from here I am selling my 3 month old, excellent condition Mopar Cross bars and awaiting my year end bonus check... which I hope is not crushed to badly by the economy to fit this in my budget :dunno:

On a side note, other forums had a 96 page thread :headbang: about this deal and ways they tried to beat the system (gift cards, self buy, and stacking offers) Some offer stacking options worked, but the other two had their cash back and purchases terminated by live.com and ebay

1 - 20 of 24 Posts