Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I have a noob question, is it possible to replace a Jeep Commander rear bumper with one from Cherokee, incase of scarce Commander parts available?

note: 2007, limited edition rocky mountain,

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't think that it would fit out of the box. The WK Cherokees are the same as Commanders underneath so in theory it should line up with the mounting points but the body lines are much different.
Do you have a welder?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I don't think anyone knows for sure, that is why you're NOT getting any responses.

In 2007 the "Cherokee" was out of production. I'm sure you mean the "Grand Cherokee" which is, and always has been, a totally different platform from the Cherokee.

The Commander and same model Year Grand Cherokee are the same platform but different body codes. So like Eric S said, the same under the skin but more than massaged fenders and bumpers, its a pretty big departure on the body.

Grand Cherokee 2005-2010 (WK)
Commander 2006-2010 (XK)

They have the same wheel base, the XK is like 2 inches longer. Guessing from the photos, the extra 2" in the rear bumper/fascia for the XK. They do NOT looked shaped the same either.

You can confirm it by looking up part numbers and see if any of rear fascia match between the two models. You could also take a ruler to the two to see how close they measure up and how possible it might be to switch them over.

At this point, I would guess a WK rear fascia will NOT fit an XK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts