Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
Thanks for letting us know ! I've been checking the site regularly since the first of August looking for the '09 Commander.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
Anyone know why the quadra trac II is listed instead of the quadra drive II. Is it a name change or lesser system being offered?
I've been on the site "building" a 2009 Limited and Overland. The QuadraDrive II is still offered. $795 on the Limited and included on the Overland.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i built one just like my current set up. i only added QD2 and the Navigation System.

$40,625:ugh2:

ouch. considering i bought mine for half that. they must have raised the price.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts
They did up the prices. I noticed the base prices were higher.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The 2009 HEMI now has 357 horse power and 389 lbs torque.

That's up from 330 / 375.
Any idea how they squeezed the extra 27 horses out of the hemi? That seems to be quite a gain.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
didn't you see, its all in the mirrors.

Steeply raked winshield?????
Compared to what, I ask.
So, now that I raised the front end 1" I would believe it is positively transparent to the wind. Yeah, right, LOL
What they aren't showing is the 50 negative vortexes behind it.
Thats a bit funny.

.....Rob

·
Registered
132 Posts
So I see the HID headlamps are mentioned, anyone know if dealers have the part #'s now just for the headlamps?

·
Registered
181 Posts
It looks like heated rear seats are standard on Limited and Overland. Was this available in previous years? With the extra little changes, I am glad I waited for the 09 models to come out.

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It looks like heated rear seats are standard on Limited and Overland. Was this available in previous years? With the extra little changes, I am glad I waited for the 09 models to come out.
That would have been a nice option. Maybe I can upgrade them...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i think after my 2006 is paid for i'll buy another commander. probably a used 2009 limited.

these are just nice jeeps.
Ya know,
I really agree with you on this note.
These are really nice drivers.
From the, what I consider, traditional styling to the overall usefulness and capability, I'm hard pressed to complain.
I recognize, of course, some have had problems, and in some cases, more than their fair share, but overall these are well built and designed.
We have to always consider these are highly complex, well any 4x4 is highly complex, vehicles.
You can see the product improve with each model year.
And no manufacturer has been immune to first year itis.
The 06 models had difficulties, all a result of bean counter engineering, and if you were one of the affected owners, you have not had the best ownership experience.
Sometimes the learning curve is brutal for the tech as well, and it's very hard for them to meet custumer expectations without service info.
This info only becomes available as failures occur in the field, so the dealer sometimes needs a bit of slack on our part too.
Like you, Get Lost, my experience has been positive. So much so that I too will give serious consideration to another Commander if still in production,
when next time comes around.

Just adding to your musing,
......Rob

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i've had a few problems. but they were all fixed pretty easily. i've been impressed with the strength of the chassis. its very rigid. the doors always open no matter how twisted up the suspension is off road. there are not any stupid creaking noises.

the drivetrain is solid. i have abused it and nothing has broken.

mine had the stalling issue. they fixed it for free.

but overall, for a first year vehicle this thing is great. my wife bought a ford focus the first year they came out (before i knew her). that POS was in for recalls 30 times in 2 years. the brakes were shot in 15K miles. the transmission was dead when we traded it in and the trunk would not open anymore. talk about a piece of crap. so the commander is a dream.

the only reason i won't buy one new is because i know it'll depreciate 50% after i drive it off the lot. i'll just wait a few years and pick one up. i'm cheap. but i see a 2009 black limited, lifted, 32" tires, sitting next to my 2006 with a solid front axle ready for hardcore trail duty!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts