Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,i am writing from Mexico, i just bought a brand new Jeep Commander 08 HEMI 5.7L, yesterday installed an aFe CAI,and really loved the sound and little perfomance of the air filter, but today it appeared the engine yellow light in the instruments, so my doubt for all the experienced people here, could someone help me telling me if this problem it is caused by the CAI? because days ago all was fine, is there any problem with this?, it is normal with the increase of the new air flow?,is there any trick to turn off that light?

I really aprecciate your help,thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Francisco.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I have that same intake and have never seen that light. Check the sensor and make sure it is in correctly, otherwise my guess is a unrelated problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just adding more info, when i plugged the sensor to the CAI there is a little piece of plastic, a little housing who covers the blue sensor, i broked that little piece so the blue sensor it is without that little part, then i plugged the sensor, do you think maybe this is the problem?, i just filled with the cheapest gas from here, so maybe this could be the problem too, what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
when i plugged the sensor to the CAI there is a little piece of plastic, a little housing who covers the blue sensor, i broked that little piece so the blue sensor it is without that little part, then i plugged the sensor, do you think maybe this is the problem?
I would get a replacement part and see if that solves your problem. The sensor may be in contact with the tube and that could be your issue.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I don't think that you could buy just the sensor for the hemi. Someone was looking for one a while back, and they had to get the whole intake.

You need to hook up an OBD II reader to see what kind of code you're getting.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can you retrieve the code from the Check Engine Light?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. for all the responses, suddenly 1 hour ago the light disappear, i just ordered two sensors from my dealer hopefully friday i will have it, my sensor are like the body of a light beam and like a match with the top color blue, but i think it is going to appear again the light because nobody erased from the memory, here in mexico it is hard to get the code number because my dealer if they find i installed the CAI i will void my full warranty.Its there any trick to find which number of code it is? any comment about this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you, i called my dealer and told him about the air sensor, but looking through the forums i found the excat problem like mine, and yes i am looking for the sensor, i think part number is 4606487AB i think it is universal for many models of Chrysler ,Jeep and Dodge, it has a blue tip i broke the housing of the tip, several people have my problem trying to force the grommet of the CAI with the sensor.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really aprecciate everyone your time and help, i am gonna check the part, i will keep you posted , have a nice evening my friend.

Sincerely, Francisco.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sadly, today i received the supossed sensor and it didnt fit part number 4606487AB it is not for my Commander it is the same type but mine needs the housing with one turn and this one came with out turns, so i am blind, the other problem i found direct with my dealer with my VIN number they show me a totally different sensor from the one it came that i broke, that it is supossed to be the proper one the guy told me, anyone knows the part number of a sensor with blue tip with housing like an arch in the tip in plastic with one turn model? i just checked the sensor I broke it has theses numbers 364AA

This is the part: Model: Mopar 56028364AA IAT Sensor;could someone point me where i can buy this IAT who have expedited shiiping to Mexico?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally , i got the exact replacement sensor for my Commander and it is running just fine,i wanna thank all the people who took the time to help me.

Have a nice one.

Francisco.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pankk,

I'm a couple of days late and hopefully you aren't a couple pesos short. I have the 5.7 and a CAI and my sensor lights started coming on and then going off. I took it in and supposedly, there is a Technical Bulletin out that requires a reflash. With you Jeep being an 08 I hope you didn't have to pay for the replacement sensors.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
How do you like the CAI?
I really liked the CAI, the sound it just perfect, the performance, i didn't noticed awesome results, maybe in the road it is amazing, it does feel more light the truck, the mileage i didn't noticed any improvements but my Jeep have only 800 miles, i hope the engine gets better with more mileages, the gas right now here in Mexico it is expensive, i will keep you posted about this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pankk,

I'm a couple of days late and hopefully you aren't a couple pesos short. I have the 5.7 and a CAI and my sensor lights started coming on and then going off. I took it in and supposedly, there is a Technical Bulletin out that requires a reflash. With you Jeep being an 08 I hope you didn't have to pay for the replacement sensors.

Slainte'
O'C
Hi, i replaced the bad sensor for like 10us and the light it didn't appeared again, i will check with my dealer about the reflash bulletin, but almost a week since i replaced the broken sensor and the light it is gone,i will keep you posted you if the light appear again.

Greetings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts