Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My guess is that when the fitments were described, the 2008 was the most recent model year. I think it will fit.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Sould not have any problem fitting, there were no exterior changes in the model years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That would look sick going around that

·
Registered
176 Posts
this one is for the city cruisers....

you would probably need the chrome pkg and dubs to get that complete look.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts

I currently have this grill guard and am purchasing an Overland front bumper from Ross. The girll guard is pretty nice once you get it on, but the bolts are starting to rust a little after the winter. It doesnt come with instructions either.

With all of this said, I don't know if I would reccomend buying one for that cost. If you're interested, I would be happy to hook you up with mine for cheap, because I dont know what I would do with it anyways

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know if this brush guard will fit with front tow hooks? Or do they use the same attachment points?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the front fascia need to be removed to install this brush guard? If it using the same mounting location as the two hooks I would think so.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Does the front fascia need to be removed to install this brush guard? If it using the same mounting location as the two hooks I would think so.
I would imagine the opposite actually. If the fascia can stay with the tow hooks it should be fine with the grill guard. I don't know how the fascia mounts so I can't say for certain

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been reading in the forums that the front fascia needs to be removed in order to install the tow hooks. Once the tow hooks are installed the front fascia is then re-installed. If the brush guard installs into the same points as the tow hooks, how can the fascia be kept on for the install?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I did not install my tow hooks, but I did take the facia off for another reason. Looking at how my tow hooks are installed, I think you would need to take the facia off. It certainly would make it easier. It is not difficult to take off and put back on. Here's a how to:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5725

1 - 17 of 17 Posts