Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 2006/2007 Commander. I ran across this picture through Google when trying to find a large pic to post on this other site. I wasn't aware that clear corners were made, and I'm a big fan of clear corners. I have them on my '97 Mitsubishi 3000GT and my '07 Infiniti G35 so I've grown quite fond of the look, especially with a black vehicle. So my question is...where can I find these???

Thanks! :banana_hitit:

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Europe -- not available in US. Been discussed on here many, many, many times. Do a Forum search for "clear corners". And you cannot make your own by taking the amber lens out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! I kind of figured they might be a European option only by the front license plate. Oh well, I guess I'll be going the route of 'black-out' option. :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok, I have a question about that pic. Is the front bumper just painted silver in the center or is that something over the center portion of the front bumper?

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Ok, I have a question about that pic. Is the front bumper just painted silver in the center or is that something over the center portion of the front bumper?
I believe it is painted. It is part of the Startech conversion package.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually

Just a heads up. Startech has a US rep. I emailed them about getting the lights and they forwarded the email to a guy here in the states. So if you are interested in doing this conversion you can email them with what you want, and they will have you call this guy here in the States

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just a heads up. Startech has a US rep. I emailed them about getting the lights and they forwarded the email to a guy here in the states. So if you are interested in doing this conversion you can email them with what you want, and they will have you call this guy here in the States
so what did their US rep tell you about the lights? how much did they quote you for those parts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
cool, keep us posted! i've wanted to get rid of these big orange warts since i brought it home lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I emailed http://www.elite1detailing.com today I hope I get some numbers back from them soon.

Anyone else find additional info?
:lol: I didn't even know you guys were still posting in this thread! I may be picking up my 2006 Jeep Commander sometime this week. Found a killer deal locally (was originally thinking I would have to fly out and drive back at least 500 miles). Anyway...Estrates, did you ever hear back from Elite1?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I cannot believe the clears are this hard to get...I have got them for every other one of my cars. :(

I just got a 2008 black Commander and REALLY want the clear lights in the front. Please add me to the list and updates if anyone hears anything.

Really want mine to look like this:

·
Registered
7 Posts

Can you give me more details on that?? very interested. Been wanting these lens but everyone keeps saying "good Luck." bummed out

1 - 17 of 17 Posts