1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Ha ! I read the title and thought that it meant it was hard to keep clean.:wiggle:

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
mine is hard to keep clean.

maybe i should remove the CATs and help the problem become worse. maybe i'd pick up a few mpg's and a few dollars after i sell the cats.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Wow, almost all of the vehicles on the list are Daimler-Chrysler vehicles! Or maybe now I should say Daimler or Chrysler vehicles...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Wow, almost all of the vehicles on the list are Daimler-Chrysler vehicles! Or maybe now I should say Daimler or Chrysler vehicles...
... or Chevrolet? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Chrysler products have never been known for miserly fuel economy, they've always been at the bottom for domestic manufacturers.

Oh well, time to help out with some global warming!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Chrysler products have never been known for miserly fuel economy, they've always been at the bottom for domestic manufacturers.

Oh well, time to help out with some global warming!
you mean climate change.

if the planet gets hotter the UK will get colder as the gulf stream stops due to the cold water from the arctic flowing down.

that means more snow , so bring it on !!!!!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Besides, 49erfan is making up for us with his SmartCar. we can all drive feeling a little better knowing Jon is taking one for the team.:stickpoke:

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Besides, 49erfan is making up for us with his SmartCar. we can all drive feeling a little better knowing Jon is taking one for the team.:stickpoke:
Glad I could help, Commander goes back to the shop on Monday because the dealer "forgot" to research my broken nut problem and has to start all over.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Broken nut?:ugh2::ugh2: maybe you should see the doctor instead of the dealership.:rofl::rofl::stickpoke: i don't know if you want any of those cold pliers digging around down there.

Glad I could help, Commander goes back to the shop on Monday because the dealer "forgot" to research my broken nut problem and has to start all over.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
For some unknown reason they removed the skid plate to change the oil, in doing so they broke loose one of the nuts INSIDE the frame that holds the plate on, they gave it back to me with three of the four four bolts installed and said oh well, I am insisting that they fix it but they do not know how, not really my problem but they haven't found a fix yet.

I told them to replace the cross bar or cut a hole in it and weld in a new nut and then patch the hole with a diamond patch. Maybe on Monday when I start all over again they can figure out a fix.

·
Registered
487 Posts
For some unknown reason they removed the skid plate to change the oil, in doing so they broke loose one of the nuts INSIDE the frame that holds the plate on, they gave it back to me with three of the four four bolts installed and said oh well, I am insisting that they fix it but they do not know how, not really my problem but they haven't found a fix yet.

I told them to replace the cross bar or cut a hole in it and weld in a new nut and then patch the hole with a diamond patch. Maybe on Monday when I start all over again they can figure out a fix.
tell em an english engineer said drill on oversize hole and put a helicoil in . http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp

that should shame em into fixing it :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
especially coming from an english engineer.

didn't you guys build and sink the titanic.

ha!
no that was the Northern Irish.

if it hd been built in Liverpool it wouldn't have sunk. only cos the lazy scousers wouldn't have had it finished on time :D

sank becuse the client wanted cheap and one esay way for cheap was to reduc the height of the watertight compartments. 4 more decks higher and it would have been a slow journy to NY but one that got completed.

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts

Hey everybody...first post here. :beerchug: Stumbled on this thread while catching up on things.

Just a guess (cuz I don't pick up my Commander until tomorrow, so I have NO idea what it looks like under there) :icon_biggrin: but it sounds like it needs one of those stupid nutsert things. I know they use those for the Tcase skid on ZJ's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts