Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
robby said:
Somebody was wondering if they were in production.

They are,according to Automotive News-September 1 2008

As of 8/30 1150 completed.

Now ya know.

..............Rob
Can you give a link to the article ?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know,
That G.C. becoming a crossover thing really confounds me on Chryslers behaf.
For example, they say they will turn it into a unibody???????? It already is.
They say it'll be more car based in appearance??????? It already is.
They say it'll be v-6 powered???????? It already is.
Plus, while they built 1150 Commanders, they also produced 3884 G.C.,s

Looks like over three to one to me, sooooooo, why would ya mess with that???

However, on the other side of the coin, has everyone picked up on all the most recent Jeep product looking like small and then mini versions of the Commander?

Wrangler will hopefully, always be Wrangler, but the new Liberty and Patriot sure show the family resemblance to Commander dont they?
I sometimes wonder if the thinking is along the lines of 7 pass-Commander, 5 pass-Commander- no need for G.C., 5 pass Commander will pick up the slack for large heavy tow capable unit. Then light tow capable Liberty, and finally the Patriot. Good mileage, Jeep name.

Guess we'll have to watch from the sidelines.

...............ROB

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeep5253,

The site is autonews.com but its a subscriber site I believe.
If you can get on it, I'm quoting the production numbers on page 29 of the Sept. 1,2008 issue.

I apologize for my limited capabilities on the computer. Iwouldn't know how to give a link to a article [unless I just did].

.............Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
robby said:
jeep5253,

The site is autonews.com but its a subscriber site I believe.
If you can get on it, I'm quoting the production numbers on page 29 of the Sept. 1,2008 issue.

I apologize for my limited capabilities on the computer. Iwouldn't know how to give a link to a article [unless I just did].

.............Rob
I found it by googling "Automotive News-September 1 2008" and saw where you got the numbers. I tried posting a link to it but when I tested the link it went to a login page that said you have to have a subscription to access. So if anybody wants to see the production numbers for any manufacturer google "Automotive News-September 1 2008" and it should be the result at the top of the page.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think this is what you guys are looking at, and that is as big as I was able to make it...

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Yep, that is it.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That is nice to see, thanks for sharing it!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That is good news!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
robby said:
Yep, thats it ROMEO,

One of my oldest, [and most expensive] subscriptions.
I consider the info almost Biblical to anyone in the industry.
Much to my wifes unhappiness I've got 22 years worth filed.

Rob
I don't know how I got in that site the first time but I haven't been able to get in again.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A mere 155.00 a year is the rate. Delivered to your door every Monday [sometimes Tuesday] and e-mail updates 2 or 3 times a day.
Put out by Crains, I love it!
You would think i'm on their payroll, But if you wanted a subscription I'm sure you could do it over the net.

jeep5253,
You may have blocked yourself for 24 hours when you tried to create the link earlier today.

.......Rob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Apparently production numbers are top secret for Jeep

Yesterday I emailed Jeep regarding how many 2006 Jeep Commanders were manufactured. This is the response I just received:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center regarding your 2006 Jeep Commander.
We appreciate the time and effort you took to write to us.
In response to your email regarding your request for production numbers, we would like to inform you that production numbers are considered proprietary information; therefore, we are unable to fulfill your request.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
My first guess is that they look at it like a "none of your business" kind of thing. There is probably no really good reason that they cannot/will not tell you. Either that or they feel it could be too closely linked to their financial business. Chrysler probably feels that their finances have been publicized enough lately.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wierd .. I've never heard of that ... you can look up production volume number for all kinds of vehicles .. even realy old ones

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
My first guess is that they look at it like a "none of your business" kind of thing. There is probably no really good reason that they cannot/will not tell you. Either that or they feel it could be too closely linked to their financial business. Chrysler probably feels that their finances have been publicized enough lately.
Makes sense eh.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Wierd .. I've never heard of that ... you can look up production volume number for all kinds of vehicles .. even realy old ones

Yeah, that is weird that they want to keep their numbers secretive.

Shareholders of common stock would most likely have access to that type of information, so why the secrecy?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts