Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L V8
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking to swap the radio in my Commander 06 and I was looking at replacing it with a newer radio from 08's and above I believe they came in because I noticed in the newer ones came with a screen and a aux port which would be really useful. The question I have though is will it work putting it in or will it not because I noticed the road side assistance button is in the radio instead of the mirror on the new ones and would that stop it from working and would I need to modify them

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
955 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum

To change your signature and other info - click on your avatar and then select "About"

·
Registered
2006 commander limited boosted 5.7 qd2 ome hd springs
7 Posts
Its not that simple but can work. I thought about doing what you are thinking but realized I was better off getting a brand new after market unit as people in my area wanted 200-300$ for a close to 15year old radio. If you have the dvd player in the back you run an Aux to RCA cable and play music that way until you figure out the best solution for you.

·
Registered
2006 jeep commander 3.0crd
13 Posts
I put an android HU in my 2006 commander. Had to buy a canbus adapter to keep factory amp and steering wheel controls. Also had to butcher the dash to make it fit. (That's still an ongoing project)

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander (Base), stock
23 Posts
Some REF radios do have an aux port; I have one in my 2006 Commander, which I believe is stock. You may be able to find one and drop it in. I recommend the Amazon Echo Auto as a bluetooth bridge if you get an aux port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts