Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
Looks like fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
The Range Rover looked like it was on 22"s. I think I would have gone slow with those shoes on too.

That yellow (Land Cruiser?) made it through pretty quick as well. He didn't look like he was afraid to bounce around a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
That was a sweet video from my home country. It's nice to see that filipinos can appreciate 4X4 vehicles, especially the commander. I am gonna email or call my relatives in the Philippines as soon I write this to tell them I got a commander too. Sweet!!! I think the commander did cross the river faster than the range rover. I am suprised that the owner even put it through the test like that. But I guess if you pay for a $60,000+ dollar 4X4 SUV, you would hope that you could at least do that kind of stuff. Nice video.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Crossing a river like that could end well or really,really bad.
I can't believe that RR and that tire/wheel combo. Even though it made it I sure wouldn't be out there on street tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts
Those look like stock 06 Range Rover wheels to me. So unless 22's are stock...
http://trucks.about.com/od/2006suvs/ss/rover_sport.htm



UberCommander said:
that happens to me too. Why does that happen?
I don't know why it happens. But it is very disappointing that a "trail rated" vehicle can't even go through the car wash. Seems like a loose belt or something, but it's tight and in good shape.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
I wish I had a river to cross....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
I'm curiuos to know how much water entered the cabin.:confused:
Probably none... I believe the doors are double sealed.

I have been in slightly deeper water with my Cherokee and had 0 water come inside the cabin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
I'm curiuos to know how much water entered the cabin.:confused:
Likely none - I've had water up to the Jeep logo on the hood (before I put in the CAI) - and didn't get a drop inside. My door springs/rollers, have, however, since rusted a bit - making noise when I open =)

!c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
commanderdrone said:
Likely none - I've had water up to the Jeep logo on the hood (before I put in the CAI) - and didn't get a drop inside. My door springs/rollers, have, however, since rusted a bit - making noise when I open =)

!c
A quick shot of WD40 will eliminate the noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
A quick shot of WD40 will eliminate the noise.
Actually, it comes right back in a few hours when the WD40 dries off completely. The best I've had so far is to treat it with "Real Magic" (to prevent further rust) and then a touch of light machine oil. Quiet for a week or two like that.

!c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
commanderdrone said:
Actually, it comes right back in a few hours when the WD40 dries off completely. The best I've had so far is to treat it with "Real Magic" (to prevent further rust) and then a touch of light machine oil. Quiet for a week or two like that.

!c
Brake Caliper grease works well for this.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top