Jeep Commander Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Sometimes. Lived here my whole life. Never left, not even once. My brother just purchased a family plot for us next to my father. We have been together from the start. Going to be together in the dirt too.
That's understandable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have some questions myself (super jelly btw, I just have the motor, I opted for 7k for a reman motor rather than a used lift out)

I'm also curious about the game cluster, I've been wanting to swap that as well

I also wanted to do the seats, but was unsure if I got a power passenger seat to replace my non power passenger seat, if it would plug up to the BCU, same with memory controls for the driver seat, if they would communicate with the BCU correctly, or if I'm just completely wrong and this doesn't apply lol.

And then I'm just curious, what was the mileage on your donor SRT8?
Hey SH, have you ever considered taking a little time & updating you garage with some pics of your engine upgrades and maybe listing all the updated work/mods that you've had done?

Your garage as it sits, really doesn't do your XK any justice.....
I've considered it, but while my garage doesn't do my work any justice, my Jeep as it currently sits wouldn't do my garage justice. Lol

It looks like junk right now. Still no grille, lowered currently only on the rear, it's dirty and I've had no time to clean it, and I can only add so many pics to the garage, I'm not a premium member. I could look through to add my upgrades, but I'll have to figure out how on my phone as I don't get on my computer often.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I finally got my JBA reducers today. Wouldn't you know it, they are too small for the headers. The collectors appear to need a 3.5" reducer and 2 bolts only come in a 3". 1 step foorward, 2 back.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I've considered it, but while my garage doesn't do my work any justice, my Jeep as it currently sits wouldn't do my garage justice. Lol

It looks like junk right now. Still no grille, lowered currently only on the rear, it's dirty and I've had no time to clean it, and I can only add so many pics to the garage, I'm not a premium member. I could look through to add my upgrades, but I'll have to figure out how on my phone as I don't get on my computer often.
Dude it's only $15.00 to become a premium member & $40.00 to become a lifetime premium member.....I'm just sayin'......

For me it's worth that much just to get rid of all the b.s. advertisements.....

Pictures aside, you could at least list all the engine modifications that you've done, that would cost you nothing but a little bit of time. As far as wrestling with your phone goes, I'm sure you can figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Big Blue said:
A lot of you know - or should know by now, that I believe in sharing information here on the forum whenever possible, that is one of the primary reasons that this website exists. One of my pet-peeves is when somebody shows up on this forum for a day or 2 and starts raving about a project of theirs, seemingly looking for attention.

Then when some forum members start giving them some attention and ask some questions about the work, you get a very generic, uninformative answer, or, no answer at all and then the O.P. disappears, never to be heard from again. I've seen this happen more than once in my tenure here and I don't have much of a tolerance for it.

So @floundering101, you showed up here easily enough 12 days ago to show everyone your SRT project, surely you had to anticipate that people would want to ask you some questions about the upgrades & work that you did. Yet it's been 11 days since you've last come back to respond to anyone.

So, if I'm reading this wrong - and you're really not one of those attention-starved individuals, how about extending the members of this forum a little courtesy & respect and showing up to respond to the questions our members have for you, about your project?

Or is that asking too much??

If it is, please let me/us know.

I doubt that's the case Flex - but I'm willing to let this play out.

I have 30 years (and counting) of government service in my background, so trust me, I know better than most that life happens sometimes.

However, I also have a keen eye for spotting B.S. when it presents itself.

We shall see......

And by the way - if you want to get notifications of replies to threads you've created, you can set that up in your user CP settings under settings & options; edit options; under default thread subscription mode select instant e-mail notification.
So, here we are it's now August 7th, almost a month later and not one word from this guy - as I expected; I'm closing this thread. When & if @floundering101 returns to answer questions, I'll re-open it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I wanted to apologize for not getting back here. It didn't seem like there was much interest and I forgot to subscribe to it so I would get reminders.

Anyways, the cluster bolts right in. The cluster is the mileage keeper so even though my old powertrain had over 162k on it, the SRT cluster reads 81k, which is what the donor had on it.

Someone else asked about the seats. The front seats bolt right it. I had a power driver's but manual passenger and no heated seats. I didn't have to do any wiring however to make the heat and power work. Added the heated seat button to the dash and plug the seats in and everything works. The SRT seats are amazing! They are very very comfy compared to my original seats.

A few of you asked about the exhaust. It did have a borla SRT exhaust but was very annoying. I've since put on a factory SRT muffler with no tailpipe. It just exits right over the axle. I'm trying to source some factory resonators but used SRT parts are hard to come by. I will be doing something custom with the tailpipes however as I bought a factory tow hitch so it will no longer be able to go out the center.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll subscribe this time so I get notifications.

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
I wanted to apologize for not getting back here. It didn't seem like there was much interest and I forgot to subscribe to it so I would get reminders.
Better late than never @floundering101; thanks for finally checking back in.

As for the second part of your statement that I underlined - I have no idea how you came to that conclusion; There were several members who responded with inquiries within the first 3 days your thread was posted.

Anyway, welcome back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I swapped in everything that makes a SRT, not just the engine, to include transmisssion, transfer case, differentials, all suspension, brakes, interior components, etc. It also uses the factory SRT computers so no tuners. This truly is an SRT with a Commander body.
Hello, just scored some srt seats out of a 09 cherokee. I'm going to put on my 07 commander.
few questions if you dont mind. anything special on the wiring? or does just plug in. What a bout the passenger seat. Is there power over there already? any mods to the screw holes. I have the srt tracks and all complete. do they go right in.
I also have the rear seats. That look tough because of the latch on top of the seats. Not built into seat mechanism

Thanks for help.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts