Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my computer is sending erroneous signals. One says that the transmission is overheating when it is not. When my mechanic plugs his scope into my jeep it registers spikes that shouldn't be there. I needed to make a trip from Indy to Kenosha WI and he advised that I not take the jeep, said the computer could shut down the transmission and I would need to fix it at a garage I new nothing about, plus the problems of being stranded and not knowing how long it would take to fix it. The signals I am talking about are messages on the dash, transmission overheating, four wheel systems need serviced, engine signal. I am debating as to whether or not I should have the computer FLASHED, maybe with new data the computer would behave itself. ???

I'm also having trouble with the head rests in that when you put the seat back up, and lift the head rest back in place, the head rests won't stay in place. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Computer

CREEK, my first impulse is to resist doing that because of all the settings that would need to be reset, but if that would solve my problem I just might try that.
Thanks for the advise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts