Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realised something quite surprising. My Commander is a 2007 -model (3.0 diesel), with the "Sport" equipment, i.e. the cheapest model here. It has Quadra Drive II, which I personally am deeply in love with. That's one of the key points why I love my Commander so much.

When looking at the prices of new Commanders today, I realised that for the Sport and Limited versions you'll get the Quadra-Trac II nowadays, and only for the most expensive Overland you'll get Quadra Drive II.

Have times gone so bad that they even need to save on the type of 4WD system they put on the cars? So if I would want to buy a new Commander now with Quadra Drive II, I would need to get the most expensive model with all the fancy details I don't want (leather, navigation, DVD, skywindows, all of that not-so-practical with 3 kids and 3 dogs and always a lot of "rough" stuff on board like concrete blocks etc.). Not to mention it costs roughly 25 000CHF more (around 22 000USD) than "my" version.

Really weird. If you ask me, they are making a big mistake here. It appears that I'll then really keep my 2007 -version until doomsday and enjoy the space, rough interior and exterior, and QDII. Not that QTII wouldn't be an ok system, but it's just not quite as good.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do all of the models over there come with the 3.0 liter diesel or are there gas engines too?

Your lucky that you got the QD II because you cant get it here at all without all the other expensive upgrades.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do all of the models over there come with the 3.0 liter diesel or are there gas engines too?

Your lucky that you got the QD II because you cant get it here at all without all the other expensive upgrades.
You can normally choose between the diesel and the HEMI. I think the 4,7liter gas engine used to be also available, but not anymore.

It really appears that I was lucky to find my Commander with the QDII. Having realised that, I appreciate my purchase even more. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
You can normally choose between the diesel and the HEMI. I think the 4,7liter gas engine used to be also available, but not anymore.

It really appears that I was lucky to find my Commander with the QDII. Having realised that, I appreciate my purchase even more. :)
the 5.7 was available for a bit over here then Jeep decided we all need to drive the diesel.

you can't get a new commander to test drive as they are only special order now !!!!!

I do feel sorry for you in Switzerland as you are more tightly regulated with cars than we are in the UK and we have some very draconian legislation.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
the 5.7 was available for a bit over here then Jeep decided we all need to drive the diesel.

you can't get a new commander to test drive as they are only special order now !!!!!

I do feel sorry for you in Switzerland as you are more tightly regulated with cars than we are in the UK and we have some very draconian legislation.
It won't be long before the U.S. autos are regulated like that. Obama is working on it. We will be told what we can and can't drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts