Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep seems to run ok but It feels like I should have more power when stepping on it.

I changed the spark plugs today and still have the same feeling.

When I hit the gas It is almost like there is a slight delay in it picking up. And when I let off the gas its like there is a delay in the RPM 's coming down. My nissan fontier had some great torgue with a smaller engine.

In addition I cannot find the PCV valve. I spent a lot time and could not find it.

What can I do?

·
Registered
158 Posts
What engine do you have? The 4.7L PCV is at the left side of the motor(driver side) at the rear of the intake, near the cyl head. Its a large size hex threaded into the intake, with bright blue plastic on the top. I kind of doubt its the PVC, thought due to its side, it would take alot for it to plug up.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
My jeep seems to run ok but It feels like I should have more power when stepping on it.
What can I do?
The last thing we check when something like this happens is a plugged catalytic converter. The increased back pressure is enough to keep the engine from revving properly. This happened to me once. I even did a head rebuild/valve grind before the idiot dealer found it! :sick:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Which engine you have ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts