Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if the rest of the buyers on here were mailed an offer for a free rate quote to purchase their insurance through AIG. It seems as though AIG has partnered with Jeep and Chrysler to offer what they claim is a substantial discount with "exclusive benefits" for Jeep and Chrysler owners.

Well, do not waste your time on the phone call like I did. All I can tell you is I have excellent credit, never had a traffic ticket, work from home, live in a safe neighborhood, never had an accident (I am over 40) and they quoted a premium of over $4000.00 per year. I have never paid more than $800.00 per year in my life.

Just thought I would pass on another way our illustrious "big three" automakers continue to slap their customers in the face with total disregard for our loyalty. I am certain they will respond that this is simply an independant insurer who they forward all new car customers information to and it is they (not DCX) that provides the quotes based on their proceedures and criteria....Bla! Bla! Bla!

Well BS! If you are going to allow a company to offer services to your customers then you are required to make certain that company provides the best possible service at the best possible price regardless. Unless you simply could care less about the customers experience all together and are content to just "make the sale" and hope the buyer comes back again out of sheer stupidity.

Hey Ford! Hey GM! Hey DCX! Have you notice fewer and fewer buyers are are coming back even with your employee pricing, rebates, 0% financing, free toasters, or whatever pitch you think of next?

Heres a thought....How about you smart execs. in your fancy offices put your noodles together and think about this new crazy idea of mine. While it is revolutionary as well as earth shattering and the first of it's kind for the "big three" here me out!

Are you ready? CUSTOMER SERVICE! I know, I know, its crazy but it may work. We put the customer first. We listen to his concerns. We make customer service our number one mission. We help the customer. We make the customer happy and do everything in our power to correct any concerns they may have. Heck, we may even want to say we are sorry when our product fails to meet their expectations!

Just my thoughts but customers who spend over $40,000.00 on your product, even finance through your company, and return for service on that product should never have to worry about customer service or experiences like the one I just had from one of your "partners".

I feel better now and thanks for bothering to read this and by the way I am a happy new Commander owner with no problems. Just think after hearing those who have had so many issues handled so poorly by other dealerships and my many experiences from past new car purchases from the "big three" this needed to be said.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have an 04 Galant and the Commander, their quote was 200 more per six months than Geico... "help me, somebody help me..." :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well said Commander Ron - Well Said! ;)

They also need to concentrate on Quality... God knows they have the quantity coming out their butt... as is evidenced by the overstock of '06 modles!

I (still) fail to understand how when my $5500 telivision had the same problem twice it got replaced immediatly but I cannot get a $42K vehicle that is constantly in for repairs replaced - without litigation and an attourney! :confused:

As for AIG - I received their mailing and trashed it. I have been with Farm Bureau for many years and never had a problem... even when I rear ended a truck and did $8000+ damage to my Rangy.:eek: Never even saw a preimum increase. The primum on the XK is only $830 a year - hard to beat!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The premium for our new XK is even lower than the 2002 Jetta VR6 we traded in for it!

$850/year through Allstate (multiple car discount applied ... other car is a '98 VW Passat.)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also pay near $800.00 per year with Geico but could not understand the price difference at all. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We pay 990 every six months...of course we are both 25 and have 4 vehicles. We have allstate and it is less for us through them than most places since we have our house insurance there too. Our insurance went down also when we got the commander from 1470 every 6 mo to 990 every 6 mo. I just could not imagine getting a better deal than that so the AIG offer was not even considered when we got it and went directly into the trash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You folks better get some years on you. My wife, 56, pays $320.50/6 months; but that includes safe driver, multi-car, and multi-line (homeowners) discounts. That's w/ $500 deductable, btw.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well it was good for me, I had nationwide 900 every 6 months I got one speeding ticket 10 miles over the limit and they raised my insurance to $1,450 every 6 months, got a quote from Geico and it was 1,200 every6 months AIG Jeep insurance was $800 every 6 months, so I switched.

David

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know I still think the guy I spoke with had to have entered the wrong info or data into his computer during the quote. I cannot imagine any other reason for the diffirence of over $4000.00 vs the $800.00 I now pay but he said he was sure it was all correct. Maybe he thought I was rich and really stupid but glad you got a better deal. I know when I switched to Geico after being with Nationwide for years I saved over $400.00. It definately pays to shop around.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
4k is about a thousand less than I pay for three cars, one with an under 25 male driver with a less than perfect driving record. Sounds like a mis quote to me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My insurance (I am 51) is relatively cheap because of a good driving record and whatever else BUT my sons (who is 20) insurance is terrible ...he doesnt have a stellar driving performance in the past which I am sure hurts him. Anyway, does anyone know where to go to get insurance for someone in his age group and with a less then perfect record? He is a college student. Thanks in advance. Kent

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best advice is to hust shop around and get different quotes I would start at progressive since that will give you some other comparisions, usually when you get a quote from an insurance company it is good for 30 days, so you should have plenty of time to shop around.

Every company rates using different formula's and has different things they lok at, so what is good for one person may not be good for someone else.

David

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Kmag let me know if you find a good price for your 20 year old, I have the same situation. Right the car he drives is still in my name, but I would like to get him on his own.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have the hartford and i pay only like 500.00 per year. check it out. you have to be 50 or over for that rate and join aarp. special rate . they will also give you a home owners policy cheap too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Commander is 20.00 less a month for full coverage (100/300/100) w/0 deductible than it was on my 1997 GMC Jiimy (S10). Total insurance bill for four cars is $1,320.00/6 months, all cars have the same full coverage allowances

2006 Jeep Commander
2001 Saturn LS
1997 GMC Jimmy
1988 Mercedes 300Ce

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
AIG wanted $80 more a year then the $800 I pay with Progressive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts