Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Generally this occurs early morning etc, but now is occurring throughout the day. Can you tell me how to get to the throttle body to clean it? If its something else please inform me.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
How to get to it? Its at the end of the intake. If you have 07+ Don't just spray it with TB cleaner. IIRC you are not supposed to do that. It can mess with the DBW throttle bodies.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The number one symptom of eroded away spark plugs, overdue on being changed, is rough idle and stalling at idle when coming to a stop.

Like several have posted already, check your O.M. if you're overdue for a spark plug change, then that is the first place to start and will likely solve your problem.

Some years of Commanders engines had ignition cables, some had purely coils over the plugs. If you've got cables, they often degrade and hurt the ignition as well, more than 100k on the cables, I'd consider changing them. When you change the plugs, inspect the boots any damage replace them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 5.7 started doing this a week ago and it turned out that my trans fluid needed topped off. Seems to have fixed the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts