Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently bought a 2007 Jeep Commander Limited Hemi. As of right now the vehicle has 5K miles on it, and I was debating on getting the Jeep Max Care warranty. I had the Max care warranty on my Jeep JK and I loved it because it took care of the cost on all the oil changes and a car rental was provided to me.

I'm coming from a Wrangler background, so I really don't know the history of problems that the Commander has.

Does anyone have the Max Care Plan from Jeep? And is the oil changes and car rentals included as well?

What are the most problems that are being reported from a Commander with a Hemi?

·
Registered
398 Posts
The Hemi has been pretty solid. There were some reported stall issues with just a few though that got intermingled with all the stalls reported by the 4.7L( now on a recall). Like any other vehicle, some have zero issues, some have a few and some have been pretty tough.

There are several on the board that have various special warranties. I'm still undecided at 25K mile. Mine has been pretty much pain free with just a few minor issues.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No issues with mine yet, though I'm only at about 4500 miles. My previous trade in was a 2005 Grand with the Hemi and I didn't have any issues with that one either really. Drove it for 34,000 miles and the only things that I had to have fixed were the cruise control and the front passenger window. Engine was rock solid.

Good luck with your new ride!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I got the Lifetime Max Care - and my does not cover oil and regular maintenance. But, I'm leery of something glitchy happening after my warranty expires, so I went for it. Peace of mind is worth whatever it costs. To me.

·
Registered
588 Posts
We have a 2007 Overland which has the Hemi. Presently about 11k miles total. No problems yet, only thing done so far is oil change and tire rotation. john

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had/Have (up in Nov) a 100K Max Care for my 02 Grand Cherokee and its paid for itself. Also bought one for my 06 XK through 85K (6 years). I went for the 100% Money-Back Max Care opition, so fingers are crossed that I never have to use it and I get that cash back.

I went through these guys and like Polar said, the peace of mind is nice.

http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts