Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the JEEP oem cargo mat from someone. It does not fit like I thought it would. It is way shorter (about 6 inches) and not wide enough. I thought it was for another Jeep, but the seller assured me that it was for the commander and a photo comparison looks like it is the same as others. There are also 6 cutout for something but there is not any cargo hooks on the back of my 3rd row seat. Can someone educate me? I cannot post a pic, but it looks just like this one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Commander-Molded-Cargo-Tray-Khaki-2006-2010_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dSIQ26itsQ3dIQ252BCQ26ituQ3dFICSQ252BUAQ252BUCIQ26otnQ3d15Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d54QQ_trksidZp3907Q2em263QQcategoryZ63690QQitemZ280360982823

:icon_confused: perplexed...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the same one and thought the same way about it. It works but it is not the best fit for the Commander.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Here is the one I have:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got the same one, with the same complaints. If you put anything of weight on it, the whole thing shifts and slides. I ended up putting cord through the holes and attaching it to the backs of the 2nd row, and to the flip up rings on the bottom back by the lift gate. It works better for the sliding, but still not a good fit or design.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the one I have:

yep...my "fits", rather it sits in there the same way. not very good at all. But it did convince me to take out the 3rd row seat. And voila, it fits in the space vacated by the removed seat very well... I am going to put down a thin piece of plywood to support this mat... but at least I figured out what I can do with this ill fitting mat. Based on this, I suggest the weathershield mat over this.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ive got the weathertech and it covers the whole area of the third rowand does not slide. also room for the cargo hooks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Maybe its designed for those that dont have the third row seating.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Maybe its designed for those that dont have the third row seating.
Nope, this has been available since 2006, before 3rd row delete was an option. I downloaded the pdf installation file and it is designed for 3rd row. You are suppose to cut it down the spline so that it can move individually with the 3rd row seat backs (because it is velcroed to it). The top 4 cutout area is used to hook a strap around the headrest post. The outer 2 cutout is for sliding the pullup strap through it. It is designed to go as far forward as the seat back only. So it will not cover all of the open space in the rear. IMO, it is a poorly designed solution. I wished I had "studied" this more before I bought it (should have been a simple purchase). But as I said, if you remove the 3rd seat, then it fits in the leftover canyon quite snuggly... So that is how I am using it now...On mine, at least the color matches the rest of the interior plastic...:banana:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Well then, I guess thats just another reason to by the weathertech floor mats.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
You are suppose to cut it down the spline so that it can move with the 3rd row seat backs (because it is velcroed to it). The top 4 cutout area is used to hook a strap around the headrest post. The outer 2 cutout is for sliding the pullup strap through it. It is designed to go as far forward as the seat back only.
I did not know this, I was wondering why it had the ridge down the center.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
So it doesn't cover the entire area and you have to cut holes in it so it will leak if anything spills on it? Great design, glad I went with Husky Liners.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
My Cargo Liner came in, its actually a very tight fit all the way around, Im pretty happy about that. Its actually wide enough to slide into the plastic grooves in the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mopar Cargo Tray Question - A Different Question

Don't freak, I did search and read every post. I read how everyone hated the Mopar Tray liner, and how Weathertech is the prefered floor liner, however I do have one question.

When everyone was talking about the tray liner, are you talking about this one. http://www.dodgechryslerjeepaccessories.com/servlet/the-349/2006-2007-2008-jeep/Detail

Cargo Area Liner:

But what about the molded version? Is it new, because I can not find anyone who posted about it.

Here is a pic
http://www.dodgechryslerjeepaccessories.com/servlet/the-350/2006-2007-2008-jeep/Detail

Cargo Area Tray, Molded:

It looks even nicer than the Wethertech one, with higher raised edges, and a ridge along the back end. Also has the dip area where the Jeep logo is.

Anyway, anyone own this one, is it any good? Or where you all not like this one?

Thanks Everyone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey
I had a similar tray or cargo mat with the edges in my wk, I liked it a lot I was looking for a similar one for my xk looks like you found it. I really liked it because of my german shep or hair machine. Otherwise I shop vac forever.
Good luck on your search

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the molded liner. Its not bad, but with the molded edges you loose some width. It does slide a little, but a member here used velcro taped under it to hold it to the carpet. The liner needs to be cut in specific spots to enable it to move seperately with the rear seats.Doesn't seem to be heavy-duty, but it works well for us.-43

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the replies, so ntrepid43, yours looks just like the second pic?

What do you mean by cutting it to make it fit? I thought they were form fit?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts