Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
cool looking setup, those driving lights on the bull bar look pretty strong, maybe HID's, and did I catch a rear bumper with welded shackle rings? cool, thanks for the post.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
jddirty said:
cool looking setup, those driving lights on the bull bar look pretty strong, maybe HID's, and did I catch a rear bumper with welded shackle rings? cool, thanks for the post.
Looks like a stock bumper to me. I watched the vid several times and paused on the rear bumper and I can't see anything that looks like shackles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,021 Posts
i actually like the commander sticker on the side....otherwise i like the set-up....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
Nice! Wish there was more of that VID!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
is it me or did that bumper look almost exactly like mine? weird. i think someone has stolen my design.

i've been thinking about a snorkel. but more like the ARB snorkel. that one is a little to blingy for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jeep5253 said:
Looks like a stock bumper to me. I watched the vid several times and paused on the rear bumper and I can't see anything that looks like shackles.
If you go to 30 seconds, look on the driver's side of the bumper, immediately right of the red reflector, it looks like there might be a shackle. But, the rest of the bumper looks stock. It could just be dirt also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
CrzCajun said:
If you go to 30 seconds, look on the driver's side of the bumper, immediately right of the red reflector, it looks like there might be a shackle. But, the rest of the bumper looks stock. It could just be dirt also.
Tough to tell, I watched several other clips on you tube of the same event and of course only frontal views of that commander. there is definetly something between the two red reflectors/stickers, just made sense if you do all of that work on the front you at least add some ease for rear recovery, just my .02
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
Nice bumper, I like how it hides the underside but will gladly wait to see 4.7's skid plates. I would like to use my 4XGuard since I have one but will have to wait until I find out if it will work with the new bumper.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Great find on the video.

I'm not sure what kind of event that was (I watched all the Jeep Tatry Videos 1-4). Snokel looks good, but impractical in day to day driving. I wonder how hard it would be to be able to switch between snorkel and non-snokel on the fly.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
PolarBZ said:
I wonder how hard it would be to be able to switch between snorkel and non-snokel on the fly.
Shouldn't be that difficult, but it would leave a hole in the side when you take it off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
Anyone have a youtube account who can e-mail the poster and find out where that bumper was made? Not that I want one but it would be interesting to know. I do like the stinger bar over the top to mount lights on but I personnaly like 4.7's stinger more.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Anyone have a youtube account who can e-mail the poster and find out where that bumper was made? Not that I want one but it would be interesting to know. I do like the stinger bar over the top to mount lights on but I personnaly like 4.7's stinger more.
Done.........
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddirty
cool looking setup, those driving lights on the bull bar look pretty strong, maybe HID's, and did I catch a rear bumper with welded shackle rings? cool, thanks for the post.


jeep5253 said:
Looks like a stock bumper to me. I watched the vid several times and paused on the rear bumper and I can't see anything that looks like shackles.
After further review, I agree that there are shackles on the rear bumper.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Shouldn't be that difficult, but it would leave a hole in the side when you take it off.
I wouldn't take it off, just switch over to regular.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,914 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Looks like a homemade snorkel. Whatever works!
I was thinking the same thing. But made out of pipe that things gotta be heavy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,578 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddirty
cool looking setup, those driving lights on the bull bar look pretty strong, maybe HID's, and did I catch a rear bumper with welded shackle rings? cool, thanks for the post.



After further review, I agree that there are shackles on the rear bumper.
I did not see any shackles but it is the europen bumper with reflectors and fog lights mounted in it.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top