Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Earlier this week Jeep hinted at expanding its product lineup by building a pickup truck and according to the latest reports, the new model has officially been given the green light.

The vehicle in question is said to resemble the 2005 Jeep Gladiator concept, using the Wrangler Unlimited platform but with two-doors and a bed in the rear. Said to be headed into production in 2011, it should arrive on dealer lots in 2012.

PickupTrucks.com reports that Jeep brand CEO Mike Manley has expressed interest in the past in building a small pickup, due to their popularity throughout the world. Plus, the creation of a small pickup for the Jeep brand would certainly work with Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne's plan to expand the Chrysler brands internationally.

Jeep hasn't offered a pickup model since the Jeep Comanche ended production in 1992.

More: Jeep Pickup Reportedly Gets the Green Light on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
248 Posts
Finally! I've been waiting for this bad boy for years! Too bad I just bought a Commander a few months ago. Well...not too bad. lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
I hope they put a Hemi in it!

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Now I have an excuse to have a sportscar & a "work truck"!

·
Registered
242 Posts
When this comes to the market i will be selling my commander RIGHT AWAY.
i would be driving a Chevy 2500 Silverado. as i went to test drive it. and as i parked the truck to go and pay. i saw my jeepy glimmering in the moonlight. and made this purchase instead. i still need that bed ability though. therefore, i am waiting for this gladiator.
HURRY JEEP HURRY!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Perfect blend between truck and jeep.

Also, isn't there a company out the that converts wranglers to have a truck bed?

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts