Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I went on a New To Jeepin' Run with the NOVA Jeepers and had a great time. We went up to the George Washington National Forest by Flagpole. 17 Jeeps convoyed for 2 hrs to get to the forest and there were a total of 30 jeeps for the run. We split off into 3 teams each leaving within 15 minutes of each other.

Pic of convoy

Meeting spot in Harrisonburg, Va

This is the spot where we aired down and waited our turn to jump on the trail.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the trail.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There was a small drop in the trail and my sidestep his a stump that was sticking up about 5 inches ripping it off. Did do any damage to the body. The brackets split in half. So, I was lucky for that. Since then I took the other side steps off. Makes the XK look much higher now. Plan on getting Supersliders in the hear future.

Pic with missing sidestep.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the turnaround point where everyone stopped and had lunch. It is right next to a running stream.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A stock XJ had gotten stuck further behind me, so I was being guided back to go pull him out, but he managed to get out before I reached him.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had an outstanding time. The team lead was very impressed with the way the XK performed. He thought that I was going to have issues, but never got stuck and made it through all the obstacles. Here's a link with the rest of the pics. Oh, and it was real muddy.
We will definitely have to hit this trail for our Camping Trip in September for the lifted XKs. Stock could probably run them only with protection (rocksliders/skid plates).
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x185/crzcajun/New to Jeepin Run 08/

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That is a nice trip, and nice photos,,,

now I'm getting jealous :)

I have never ever been out in an off-road trip with any Jeep !!!

and I have never ever did mud driving !

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm not scared ill take my XK down that trail when we go in september!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Absolutely awesome! That looks like alot of fun! Nice to see a Commander off road with more conventional Jeeps.-43:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very Nice!!! Looks like a blast! Were you really the only Commander? Looks like it from the pics. Glad to see it made it through (almost) unscathed...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I couldn't figure out what was wrong with those pictures, and then it hit me: IT'S TOO GREEN!

I was born and raised in Ohio, but I sometimes forget what most of the country looks like. I'd probably panic at the mud.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
prudemonkey said:
Very Nice!!! Looks like a blast! Were you really the only Commander? Looks like it from the pics. Glad to see it made it through (almost) unscathed...
Yeap, the only one.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Looks like fun! Did you air down at all? I didn't see anything in the pics that would seem to require it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice pics! Looks like you had a nice time, while making the rest of us a little jealous. Also nice to hear your XK made a good showing. We'll change everyone's attitudes, sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PolarBZ said:
Looks like fun! Did you air down at all? I didn't see anything in the pics that would seem to require it...
Yeap, aired down to 20 psi. Had a few little hills, mud holes, and river crossings that required it. I believe that everyone in the group aired down. It also saved from getting punctured by sharp rocks. Not a lot of people took a lot of pics because we were pretty much constantly moving with that large of a group.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sciron4x4 said:
Very awesome man. I can't wait to go in September. Should be a great time.
Definitely looking forward to heading out there again.

Hey, how's the mounting of your lights going?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics guys. thanks for sharing. thanks for sharing the rest of the pics on the photobucket account as well.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Definitely looking forward to heading out there again.

Hey, how's the mounting of your lights going?
Attempt #1 failed. Got new metal. Going to try to rig something up these next couple of days, as I had family in over the weekend and didn't have any time. I'll be sure to post pics. Had a buddy of mine come over and we brainstormed for a bit, and came up with a new idea. We'll see how things work out. :)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts